TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 13,765, Level: 17 Points: 13,765, Level: 17 Points: 13,765, Level: 17

Bulimia is back. - June 23rd 2010, 07:55 PM

So, it's back again... And it really sucks. I hate it. very time it's gone, I thoguht I was rid of it. I thought it was over. I don't even know what triggers me into it... I just want to eat and eat and eat, over and over. I dread the part after the eating...I hate that part with a passion. I feel awful afterwards. I used to get a high, but now... Now I just feel terrible and sad and alone.

Could some one please help me? I can't turn anywhere else...

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.

Nov 29th 2010 <3

Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.

Last edited by Jen; June 23rd 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Removing trigger warning.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Points: 10,171, Level: 14 Points: 10,171, Level: 14 Points: 10,171, Level: 14

Re: Bulimia is back. - June 23rd 2010, 08:57 PM

hi so it's the same with me, though I've never trully overcome it, I mean, I'm on recovery but it's always been here. I know how it is feeling like eating all the time; maybe you're having stress in your life, perhaps you aren't eating enough and your body is trying to get what it needs from this, in my case, it is the strong habit I have created and how alone I feel, and the urge of hurting myself with whatever, because I hate every single aspect of me.
If something of this sounds familiar to you, I think you're pretty much using it because you once learnt to cope with your emotions with this sickness, and I don't know why, perhaps it's because bulimia is a mental illness, but it makes you feel somehow "better" (not sure if that's the right word, maybe tidier) or "safer".
Feel free to pm/vm at any time
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
Closed Thread