TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Holly Offline
(hols_bols98)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Holly

Points: 9,918, Level: 14 Points: 9,918, Level: 14 Points: 9,918, Level: 14

Going to the doctor - August 16th 2014, 11:43 PM

I've been struggling with feeling anxious since around the start of this year.

While I still carry on with everyday things, I am anxious a lot of the time and I'm not sure of whether to go to the doctors about it.

The idea of actually telling a GP terrifies me, but aside from that I just don't know if it's bad enough to.
I can't sleep a lot of the time, which in turn makes me anxious that I won't be able to sleep, so I get physically anxious. In the day I get anxious too, I have really tense muscles a lot and I feel certain things make me a lot more anxious than is normal, and sometimes its totally irrational or I can't even pinpoint whats causing me to feel like that.

I've always been a worrier but lately I'm thinking that i'm just used to feeling like this and maybe it isn't normal. I'm just tired of feeling like this, it makes me feel depressed and exhausted.

I'm going to see my GP for something unrelated and I don't know whether to say anything. I just feel like I always cope and I should be able to cope, and I manage to do normal things like go to work ect, but i'm struggling and I don't know if it's normal.

I know no one can diagnose or anything on here I guess I'm just wanting some advice from people who've maybe been through the same thing.

thanks.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking,
racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
shorter of breath, and one day closer to death.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12

Re: Going to the doctor - August 31st 2014, 01:33 PM

I don't know you GP and I don't know how stuff works in the Uk but I went to to the doctor because spiders were totallly freaking me out and my mom thought I needed help. And actually it wasn't all that bad. First you might want to look up what kind of help systems there are and what you think you need and want. Also think why you are vene considering help and what influences it has on your life because that are things he will probably ask about. If you aren't sure if it's bad enough than go there and ask your GP. He can tell you if it's bad enough in his professional opinion. And if it really makes you exhausted than that is a sign that there s at least something.

Also if you decide to go you might want to consider making a list with things you are struggling with and effects it has on your life and why you think something should be done about it. I gives youmore inside in your problems and it might keep you from not saying things, changing your mind last moment and forgetting things and so give your GP a better picture
Closed Thread