TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Gaining weight - May 7th 2021, 04:50 AM

Gaining weight has been a problem for me nowadays, any recommendations on training software or diet apps that could help with my problem?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Gaining weight - May 7th 2021, 04:34 PM

Hello,
I don't know of such apps because I don't use them, but I have some other suggestions if I may
First of all, have you thought about making a health check-up? If you've been gaining weight rapidly, it might be a result of an ailment, for example something wrong with how your thyroid's functioning.
Second of all, how about consulting a dietician? They will take into account more information than an app could, such as your average physical activity, job, health condition, food preferences and other needs.

If you still prefer to carry on with a home diet, I suggest cutting out artificial foods completely (sweets and salty snacks, as well as soft drinks). It may turn out that this alone will help you lose some weight or at least stop you from gaining it. If you want to go further - as little unhealthy fats and empty carbs as possible, as little coffee/alcohol as possible etc. (rules of an average more-or-less healthy diet). Drink lots of water. If you could add physical exercise, that would be fantastic.
I hope I helped a bit good luck with achieving your goal.
xoxo S

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Gaining weight - May 8th 2021, 08:15 PM

I would strongly suggest that you start tracking your food. You can either do this by getting a notebook and noting down all the food you're eating, along with their calories, or use an app such as MyFitnessPal which can help make things easier. The app allows you to scan barcodes of products. Then all you need to do is fill in a few numbers and dropdown arrows and you're done.

I also agree with Sue in regards to cutting out foods such as sweets etc. Fast food is another to consider, as many contain little nutritional value.

If you're intending to have something sweet, try and replace it with some fruit. It'll still contain sugar but it's naturally occurring and also contains valuable vitamins and minerals that your body needs to keep going.

I would definitely seek help from a dietician as they're able to help prescribe a meal plan or diet that's based around your height, age, current weight etc; or at the very least, provide you with some more nutritional guidance.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Gaining weight - May 13th 2021, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I would strongly suggest that you start tracking your food. You can either do this by getting a notebook and noting down all the food you're eating, along with their calories, or use an app such as MyFitnessPal which can help make things easier. The app allows you to scan barcodes of products. Then all you need to do is fill in a few numbers and dropdown arrows and you're done.

I also agree with Sue in regards to cutting out foods such as sweets etc. Fast food is another to consider, as many contain little nutritional value.

If you're intending to have something sweet, try and replace it with some fruit. It'll still contain sugar but it's naturally occurring and also contains valuable vitamins and minerals that your body needs to keep going.

I would definitely seek help from a dietician as they're able to help prescribe a meal plan or diet that's based around your height, age, current weight etc; or at the very least, provide you with some more nutritional guidance.
Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try getting a dietician soon.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5

Re: Gaining weight - May 20th 2021, 06:16 AM

You can try MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal apps to help you with your diets and fitness for losing weight.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Gaining weight - May 25th 2021, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by startangle View Post
You can try MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal apps to help you with your diets and fitness for losing weight.
Thanks, I'll try using them both if I had time.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
dandycasper78 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1

Re: Gaining weight - December 23rd 2021, 12:57 PM

do not repeat my mistakes, do not become a vegetarian. In general, vegetarianism did not give me any bonuses other than being overweight (in the "best" times it was almost 70).
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
hendertik Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

Re: Gaining weight - January 17th 2022, 08:30 AM

Protein powders and moderately hard exercise. This way, the weight you gain will be healthy and not just fat.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread