TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Exclamation Period - April 20th 2023, 04:29 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Whenever I get mine, I always get so depressed, feel fat in everything that I have on, I feel like something is wrong with me. Sometimes I hate getting my period. I don't know if this happens to anyone else.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Period - April 20th 2023, 05:21 PM

Hi!
Thanks for reaching out
I'm sorry to hear about what you experience during your period. However, I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with you, and many of us experience symptoms similar to what you have described. What's more, what we feel during period can vastly differ between individuals! It can be related to hormonal changes that your body goes through during different phases of the cycle.

I suggest that you start taking notes of any physical and mental symptoms you have around your period. Make sure to note the date and day of the cycle. This way you will be able to have a general view on your health. If your cycles turn out to be irregular, it might be a good idea to consult a doctor; same goes for persistent or severe (making it hard to function daily) health problems. If you suffer from depression, the symptoms might worsen during your period. In this case, it would be worth it to note down your mood and physical condition every day - this way you could see the correlation between your period and other cycle phases.

Some methods of birth control might alleviate your symptoms and make it easier. I don't know your views on this topic or whether it would be a good choice for you, but if you feel like it could help, I encourage you to visit a doctor and ask for more information. If you decide to try birth control, you should be prepared to try some different methods/products, as not every type suits every body.

What's more, your lifestyle can affect the symptoms (unhealthy lifestyle may worsen them). Notice how much time you spend on exercise and sleep, what is your stress level, do you eat nutritious meals? You might experience food cravings before/during your period - if you do, try to limit salty, fatty and sugary foods you consume. You don't have to eliminate them completely, but try to find balance between those and veggies, whole grains, fruits. Limiting salty/sugary foods could also help with the feeling that you're fat which you described.

I hope that I helped a bit. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Sending hugs!
xx Sue

(cute puppy for you)

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread