TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16

Unhappy weird uti symptoms causing severe anxiety - March 4th 2024, 02:53 PM

I didn't know whether to put this here or somewhere else but: I've been having some symptoms of a UTI for a few weeks now but they seem off and strange and are only getting worse - I've only been able to go to the doctor a few days ago and the antibiotics they put me on don't seem to have helped, in fact things have gotten worse. my mom is away in canada so she can't help me much, and i'm starting to have very bad health anxiety.

I don't have burning but I do have the urge to pee all the time. It started off as general discomfort down there but no other symptoms. Then it progressed to needing to pee a lot, but not much was there, but I only felt this urge when I laid down. Now it's all the time, much worse, and I have pins and needles in my right leg constantly. I also sometimes get tingling sensations all over my body. I don't know what's wrong with me and it's scaring me. Did I wait too long to go to the doctor and now I'm really sick? Will I ever get better?

My mum will be back in 2 weeks and I'm so scared and stressed. I just want to be okay. What's happening?

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,353, Level: 47 Points: 109,353, Level: 47 Points: 109,353, Level: 47

Re: weird uti symptoms causing severe anxiety - March 4th 2024, 04:19 PM

Hello,

I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Would you be able to call your mother and let her know that you haven't been feeling well and you need some help with this. If your mother doesn't answer the phone, leave a message for her to call you back and then tell her everything that is going on. Also, if a doctor ever gives you medication that is making you feel sick, it's a good idea to call them and let them know about this so that they can get you something else, see if you can try calling them as well. I hope you feel better soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42

Re: weird uti symptoms causing severe anxiety - March 12th 2024, 10:47 AM

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.
I agree with Emmie in regards to both speaking to your Mum and doctor about what is going on. It's extremely beneficial for your doctor to know so that they are able to possibly give you something that may help.
I used to suffer frequently from UTI's as well so I know the discomfort and pain!
If you ever need anything, my inbox is always open.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.