TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Feeling empty, achy - December 27th 2020, 09:23 AM

I love Christmas and had a jolly good time, but now it's gone and I'm left feeling empty, and my whole body aches. Especially around my neck and shoulders. Most days I work out, but this morning was taken gently. Maybe I should take a bath using old fashioned but wonderful Epsom Salts.

Just can't seem to shake off the blues. I'm not usually like this. Does anyone else feel the same?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Feeling empty, achy - December 28th 2020, 11:08 AM

It might be stress related if you are feeling achy with your neck and shoulders. If you work out but have had a break, it could also be that. I know that I've found myself having a few more aches and pains as I'm not working out over the holidays and have spent more time sitting down.

I think it's natural to feel a bit blue after Christmas. There's a lot leading up to Christmas and then the event itself, but we rarely think of after that, meaning we can feel a little empty once the celebrations have ended or are coming to an end.

I think taking warm baths and increasing your exercise/activity levels might help with both the physical and emotional struggles. It can also help to remind yourself that you've enjoyed Christmas, but that it does come to end, though it will come around again next year. In the meantime, you can try to plan other things to look forward to in the year ahead

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Feeling empty, achy - December 28th 2020, 05:33 PM

Hey @Celyn and I think it was stress; not the 'was; because I'm not achy any more, and admittedly I didn't work out for a few days. I certainly noticed the ache when returning.

Also I feel a lot better in myself! Because exercise as most already know contribute to keeping the blues away. I used to have clinical depression, but it not as awful as it once was. The showers and long soaks have also helped, and since moving home, I have a larger bath for myself or Sis.

I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas. It was made extra special by coming home.

Thank you so much for helping me, and I wish you a happy New Year!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Feeling empty, achy - December 28th 2020, 09:42 PM

Have you considered your sleeping position? If it's around the neck and shoulders, it's a common place for aching due to improper sleep positioning. Not necessarily because you have a poor mattress, but sometimes when things are on our mind and/or we have other worries going on, we unconsciously tense up during sleep. Then we wake up feeling sore, stiff, or overall just uncomfortable the next morning.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Feeling empty, achy - December 28th 2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
Have you considered your sleeping position? If it's around the neck and shoulders, it's a common place for aching due to improper sleep positioning. Not necessarily because you have a poor mattress, but sometimes when things are on our mind and/or we have other worries going on, we unconsciously tense up during sleep. Then we wake up feeling sore, stiff, or overall just uncomfortable the next morning.

Thank you Sarah, but I have a comfy memory foam bed bought last year with the help of Hypnos who I bought it from. Also a fine pillow that supports my neck most comfortably. Once I get into my sleeping position, on my left side, throughout the night I hardly move. I've always slept this way.

Lately the weather has been damp, so may have contributed to the aches.

Maman thinks I may hvae pulled muscles since I did much moving of heavy antique furniture, though I'm quite fit from working out, especially from the free online course by Chloe Ting; excellent.

This evening I feel better, though will bear in mind my worries which do remain for my sister. You have a point there and I am grateful for your suggestions. So thank you again.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
rosemiller Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 748, Level: 4 Points: 748, Level: 4 Points: 748, Level: 4

Re: Feeling empty, achy - February 9th 2021, 11:39 AM

I also feel empty and I don't know why. I think I'm at the first stage of depression.
Closed Thread