TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ⱤɎ₳₦ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

Points: 1,902, Level: 6 Points: 1,902, Level: 6 Points: 1,902, Level: 6

Angry My parent warfare. - March 15th 2020, 05:42 PM

So my dad has a reputation of manipulating people and my mom gives me the same sarcastic answer of "Cool" whenever I show her something and last night I said things to my dad like: "Stop ruining us bi**h!" and "Stop putting me in a parent warfare!" and recently I had a breakdown about this. What do I do to handle this?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: My parent warfare. - March 15th 2020, 08:43 PM

Hi there, welcome to the site. I appreciate you reaching out to us, and being put in the middle of your parents' arguments is certainly unfair to you as the child. Remember, what your parents argue about is their business, but you are certainly free to let them know how much it is bothering you and ask them that they do it quietly. If they are dragging you down then I suggest talking to them individually and privately to let them know how badly it bothers you.

I suggest not getting confrontational with your parents, especially your father. Parents are less likely to hear us out and be open-minded to constructive criticism if we are hurling insults and yelling at them.

I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to reach out again if you need to.
Closed Thread