TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amomynous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,774, Level: 13 Points: 8,774, Level: 13 Points: 8,774, Level: 13

i'm very lonely - April 3rd 2010, 01:57 PM

hi. i'm lonely, i have no friends, i have some sort of social phobia. i'm scared to talk to people. i can't maintain a conversation with anyone & i seem to intimidate people. every time i tried to be social it just ends up akward and silent i haven't had any friends in years and it's taking its toll on me. i'm depressed. i don't have anyone to talk to. no self esteem. no confidence. i think i'm a really awkward person to communicate with. i don't get along with anyone. i'm a loner all i want is just a friend who i can get along with well. i'm 18 now, i've wasted all my teen years. and i cant see my self changing any time soon. sucks what can i do? i'm desperate. can anyone else relate? i hate being like this
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18

Re: i'm very lonely - April 3rd 2010, 02:26 PM

just try new things, join a cause, start volunteering, do things you love and you'll find people who love the same things as you. BOOM! instant friends. and don't worry, you always have friends here on TH. PM me anytime!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
canook182 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,137, Level: 14 Points: 10,137, Level: 14 Points: 10,137, Level: 14

Re: i'm very lonely - April 3rd 2010, 02:53 PM

I was in the exact same boat you where in when I was your age.. And I was saying the same stuff you were. But I finally got enough courage, idk how, to just go up at start talking to some people in one of my classes. Turns out they weren't that bad. I'm still really good friends with them today. It just takes some courage to just say ya know what, im tired of living like this fuck it im going to talk to some people... It will all work out no worries right?

The Whole Wide World Is Mine
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 22,479, Level: 21 Points: 22,479, Level: 21 Points: 22,479, Level: 21

Re: i'm very lonely - April 3rd 2010, 07:33 PM

Im a loner too.My problem is not shyness is that I tend to meet the wrong people.
Maybe if you try joining a club of something you like to do, where you can overcome this shyness.
Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. i would love to talk to you about anything
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
amomynous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i'm very lonely - April 5th 2010, 01:46 PM

thanks for the suggestions. thing is i'm really shy, so getting the balls to make the first step is something i will have to work towards somehow. i don't know of any local clubs around that i'm the slightest bit interested in, i have also tried for a course that i've wanted to do for a while, but i don't meet their requirements. that is the only course i knew of too that i want to do. i haven't seen anything else i'm interested in yet. i dropped out of school at a early age cause of the way i am. and now shit is hitting the fan. i don't do anything with my life at the moment, except for playing around with my hobbies (which i don't want to reveal it cause it's very unique & i wish to remain anonymous) i just don't know where to go from here? if i did then maybe i could work on getting the courage to do something about it.

does it sound weak of me for wanting a hug? i want to hug someone right now
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 10,207, Level: 14 Points: 10,207, Level: 14 Points: 10,207, Level: 14

Re: i'm very lonely - April 5th 2010, 02:35 PM

It's not weak to want a hug from someone. People by nature crave human contact. You can hug me...Wouldst thou accept a mental hug?

It's never too late to change. You have the chance to go back to school and totally change what you do with your free time. School is nice because different classes make for different people, but you are sure to find people with similar likes as you. Hobbies are awesome- dont lose that.

I am terribly awkward to talk to as well. Sometimes I come on too strong and sometimes I barely "come on" at all, like the deodorant you swear you put on only to smell a lil funksoulbrother the second you begin strenuous activity. Yet my friends stick around. Why? I actually dont know the real reason but I think it has to do with the fact that they're my friends. Friends can be really good to you. I have fought with more than one of my friends but I didnt lose them. Yesterday I actually was a total as*ho*e to my one friend but all it took was a modest apology and she knew I didnt mean it. It's just a friend thing. Once you make one good friend, you can make ten. And it's worth it.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
amomynous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i'm very lonely - April 6th 2010, 03:49 PM

yes i would gladly accept your mental hug

and yes again, that's what i want, friends like that. people who i can just hang out with, spend time with them. even just 1 friend i'll be happy with. not people who only know me when they want something. i've had enough of that

i don't know how to go about "getting out there" though. i can't go back to high school anymore now that i'm 18. i dropped out when i was 13. i wish i didn't now, but i can't change the past. i don't know of any other schools, places, courses or anything like that. i've even searched google in my area, just can't find anything. maybe i don't know how or where to look?
Closed Thread