TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

Points: 9,401, Level: 14 Points: 9,401, Level: 14 Points: 9,401, Level: 14

My little sister is guetting bullied and its triggerring me ... - February 27th 2013, 04:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well lately my little sister has been coming form school all depressed and she doesnt want to eat and just goes to sleep.
Shes always been a straigth "A" student and a really nice girl and she never bothers anyone and such and i know this.
So since her accident with a tree branch that feell on her and broke her arm in three and her leg dislocated and broken in three as well, she was considered to get an amputation but one of the nine doctors working on her case decided to not do it.

She has huge scars on her arm and such and has been cryign because people are bothering her and stuff for her accident ...

The accident affected me alot to the point were i had o go to the psychology because my psychologyst said it was the main cause of my ptsd.

I feel it was all my fault and i was terribly bullied before... and i dont want that to happen to my sister, so i have been really triggerred by it , and i feel really sad about it , because i was the one that told her to sit on the benches in the part with me

And i cutted several times over that, and i dont want her to suffer because what i caused .

I could have died over that tree branch and my sister not get hurt....

Shes just a child and it makes me really sad....

Im confused and hurt....

Please i need help
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21

Re: My little sister is guetting bullied and its triggerring me ... - March 1st 2013, 08:45 PM

I have numerous significant, highly visible scars from surgery, so I understand to an extent what your sister is experiencing. For a long time I was embarrassed and even horrified by how it looked.

If it's possible (and, weather permitting, practical) for your sister to cover up some or all of the scars with clothing (long sleeves and long pants for example), that might help her avoid rude stares and ignorant, boorish comments. Beyond that, you could talk to her and tell her that you'll support her through this. She has no need to respond to other people ostracizing her about this. It's none of their business, and she has every right to make people aware of that, either by ignoring them or by telling them flat-out that they're being incredibly rude.

Last but not least, if this is mostly focused on negative attention at school, she can talk to her teachers about it. Better yet, if you're able to, go with her to the school and talk to the teachers. Express your concerns. Make it known that this has become a major issue and needs to stop immediately.

One final note. My scars are between ten and twenty years old and still highly visible. As I've gotten older, they've gone from unwanted attention items to being mostly ignored by other people. If someone does ask about them, I give them a short, vague answer as to their origins.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: My little sister is guetting bullied and its triggerring me ... - March 3rd 2013, 05:04 PM

I can understand how your sister feels. I have a big scar on my wrist from an injury and people used to say it looked like a suicide scar which was kind of awful but it was clearly a surgical scar and was just a terrible thing to say any how. IT make me really insecure about my wrist for a long time. She's probably dealing with a lot between getting over the injuries especially if they still and repercussions of what happened to get the injuries. It's probably making it harder to be getting bulied too.
You might want to see if she can go talk to someone as well.
Unfortunately, as someone who's also been bullied for various things I can also completely understand why you'd be upset by this knowing your sister is going to feel so awful and that you can't even stop it. You could always offer to help her choose out some light (and heavy) shirts if she is feeling insecure about the scars so that she can cover them up easier.
If it's any reassurance people usually shut up about these sorts of things in the long run. Unless her face is seriously disfigured (and you said it's just her arm and leg) then she'll be fine. If she had scars all over her face she is still likely to have some people notice, but yeah. Eventually her peers will have the good sense to not say anything that would be rude or hurtful.
The best thing to do in this situation would be to think about her, think about helping her and trying to find ways to alleviate her depression over her injuries. I know it's a trigger for you, but she's the one who has to live it and helping her will help you inevitably

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: My little sister is guetting bullied and its triggerring me ... - March 3rd 2013, 05:05 PM

I can understand how your sister feels. I have a big scar on my wrist from an injury and people used to say it looked like a suicide scar which was kind of awful but it was clearly a surgical scar and was just a terrible thing to say any how. IT make me really insecure about my wrist for a long time. She's probably dealing with a lot between getting over the injuries especially if they still and repercussions of what happened to get the injuries. It's probably making it harder to be getting bulied too.
You might want to see if she can go talk to someone as well.
Unfortunately, as someone who's also been bullied for various things I can also completely understand why you'd be upset by this knowing your sister is going to feel so awful and that you can't even stop it. You could always offer to help her choose out some light (and heavy) shirts if she is feeling insecure about the scars so that she can cover them up easier.
If it's any reassurance people usually shut up about these sorts of things in the long run. Unless her face is seriously disfigured (and you said it's just her arm and leg) then she'll be fine. If she had scars all over her face she is still likely to have some people notice, but yeah. Eventually her peers will have the good sense to not say anything that would be rude or hurtful.
The best thing to do in this situation would be to think about her, think about helping her and trying to find ways to alleviate her depression over her injuries. I know it's a trigger for you, but she's the one who has to live it and helping her will help you inevitably

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

Points: 9,401, Level: 14 Points: 9,401, Level: 14 Points: 9,401, Level: 14

Re: My little sister is guetting bullied and its triggerring me ... - March 4th 2013, 11:36 AM

I think ill help her by doing that , thanks guys

But yeah and in school she tells me how she is not allowed to go outside with the othwer kids and do other stuff , and it just triggers me.... specially since i always pick her up .
I always ask her how is she, ansd its hearthbreaking, i just hope she gets better.
Closed Thread