TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BLAGHT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,982, Level: 12 Points: 6,982, Level: 12 Points: 6,982, Level: 12

Question Bullied because of a joke - September 12th 2014, 03:08 AM

So I made an Instagram where I can openly express myself by posting hate pictures and hate on others. My Instagram contained lots of offensive pictures and everyone at school thinks I'm a racist! Everyone calls me Hitler The II because of it. At first I thought they were joking, so I played along by making offensive jokes and speaking in German. But now no one sits by me on the bus and I get sworn at and people push/hit me! Someone even reported me to the principle because of my Instagram (not in trouble yet) and I hate school now! I feel like killing everyone at my school or killing myself! Really, those are the only ways to end this bullshit... If I kill myself everyone will think im a pussy, and if I kill everyone else I will be a monster! I can't stop now being "Hitler" or they will call me an even bigger pussy! I don't know what to do anymore!

Note: I made my instagram private and never put my name on it, so no one can find me! Second, I really need to keep it up! This is the first time I have been able to express my feelings! I love seeing people get pissed off and I love swing others get hurt. I need help, but I need to express myself openly as well

Last edited by BLAGHT; September 12th 2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Explain more
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 12th 2014, 03:20 AM

I'm sorry that you are being bullied and that you feel like killing yourself or others is the only option you have. Harming yourself and/or others is NOT the answer! One strong suggestion would be to remove the offensive material from your Instagram. You have a right to express yourself, but it may not only lead to reactions like this, but could come back to seriously haunt you when it comes to college and/or job applications. Future employers and college admissions officials can and will Google you and you don't want that kind of content attached to your name. You can't control what other people do or say, only how you react to it. Consider what kind of reputation you want to have and take actions now to create that reputation, and if they call you names, that's on them. Even if you meant this as a "joke" there are certain things that aren't funny which is why they are called offensive. If you want to express yourself in this way consider doing so privately.

So you like to make people angry, but only if it's not directed at you? If you're doing it to get a rise out of people, you really have to expect this kind of reaction. I'm not telling you not to express your feelings, but by doing it publicly, you are leaving yourself open to reactions like this. And did you just make the page private, because the bullies somehow figured out the page belonged to you. Since you know you need help, I"m going to strongly suggest that you seek it. They can help you figure out why you feel the way you do and find more effective ways to express yourself.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; September 12th 2014 at 03:56 AM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 13th 2014, 11:55 PM

hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are being bullied... I totally agree with everything that Kate said! Suicide isn't and never will be the answer.. Neither about hurting others.. Its better to stop now before like your future job sees and other authorities..

So how about you can express your emotions by like painting or drawing.. Or any artwork.. You can also journel your feelings or write about it then if you want to publish them online if you want the world to see! (If not offensive) There is so many alternatives instead of offending others on install. Its probably gonna get you more in trouble if you continue.

Hope this helped a little feel free to PM/VM me anytime if you need anything!

Last edited by Its.Just.Angie; September 14th 2014 at 02:12 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 14th 2014, 01:14 AM

Hi There,

I agree with what has previously been mentioned.
Bullying others will not help you and you'd do not deserve to be bullied as well. Finding another outlet to express yourself could be useful as long as that outlet is constructive, not public and able to offend someone.
I believe that if you change your behavior both online and in person, you will gain a reputation that is one you would like instead of what you are experiencing now. Create a new instagram that is not offensive and remove this one that is. In school, do your best to respect people and treat them kindly instead of being mean: you will find that eventually you will have more friends and people will begin to look at you differently.
I hope this helps and that you can get things sorted out.

Note: I am moving this to Peer Pressure and Bullying because I believe the thread fits better in that forum.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 14th 2014, 03:18 AM

You put yourself in that situation and it's up to you to face the music and deal with it. What you did was sad and they aren't bullying you.. they are disliking you for your distasteful ways.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JoeShmoe92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,387, Level: 10 Points: 5,387, Level: 10 Points: 5,387, Level: 10

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 14th 2014, 10:30 PM

Hi i been in ur shoes. i make bad jokes all the time. just try to make friends and look for people like you. don't care what others think bc in a few years u will never see those people again and you will live ur life the way u want don't let others tell u how u should talk, act..... you b u!! also remember u r still young and make mistakes everyone makes mistake and you look back on them and you grow as a person and learn from them. don't kill ur self over this its not worth it. i promise you, you will b fine in life. this is just one stage of ur life and you will have a lot more when u get older. if you ever need to talk/ or when life gets bad. i wish i had someone to talk to when i went through rough times. sometimes its easier to talk to someone online a strayer that has a out side perspective. just message me or email. last thing just remember this is you, you r worth it and a person no one is better then u!

JoeShmoe
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Bullied because of a joke - September 21st 2014, 12:50 AM

Hold on... you love seeing others get hurt, and you love pissing people off? Did you not think they would retaliate in some way? These are self-inflicted wounds, buddy. If you wanna be liked, don't spread hate. Honestly, you should go on your instagram and just make a public apology. Or as public as it gets on that website. Thats only a start.
And dont even think the word kill... thats messed up man. Forget about what others think, and you wont wanna kill anybody.
Closed Thread