TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cyborgeek Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,386, Level: 12 Points: 7,386, Level: 12 Points: 7,386, Level: 12

My sister was being bullied. - February 17th 2012, 05:29 AM

Awhile ago my younger sister was being bullied and so I whooped that dudes butt and sent him home crying. I've been doing martial arts, and hand to hand combat training for several years and it's really paid off. I highly suggest this to anyone who is being physically bullied.

And btw, I'm new on the forums so "hey there!"
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 17th 2012, 05:36 AM

Well, even though I don't necessarily agree with "whooping" people's butts I think it's great that you stood up for your younger sister! You must be a great big brother

And Welcome!

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 17th 2012, 07:54 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp.

I agree - at times that will cause more problems, and also bring a legal aspect into it which is not a good idea. Fighting should be a last resort.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cyborgeek Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 17th 2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson911 View Post
Fighting should be a last resort.
I agree completely. I don't want to hurt my fellow man as he is probably going thru similar troubles as I am.

It was just my sister getting more hurt or him leaving. Problem solved
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 18th 2012, 12:52 AM

I wouldn't have whooped the dude's butt, but I am very proud of you for sticking up for your sister. Although what I would have done is kindly tell them to fuck themselves or I I'd break their legs and do it for them.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 18th 2012, 03:57 AM

Woohoo! Finally someone who knows how to stand up for themselves and the people they care about. Two thumbs way up from here, even though I'm probably gonna be immensely criticized here in a few. As a big sister, I have to say, if anyone ever bothered my brother or sister, I'd do the exact same thing.

Then again, I have a temper, too. But if it persisted, then there'd be a few heads wacked.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
blue blood Offline
Not a n00b

Name: loser

Points: 8,563, Level: 13 Points: 8,563, Level: 13 Points: 8,563, Level: 13

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 19th 2012, 11:26 AM

all i have to say is YOU ARE AWESOME
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 20th 2012, 02:38 AM

I'm an only child although I did exactly what you mentioned when some of my friends were being bullied by others. I would tell those people to piss off. Failing that, I'd say it again but with more force although eventually enough is enough. If they're being physically bullied, I have less patience and like you, I've been doing martial arts for several years, including knife-fighting and have helped teach self-defense. It came in quite handy because when I confronted 2 guys who were physically bullying one of my friends, both guys indicated they had knives on them and one pulled theirs out immediately as they were also stealing from my friend.

Additionally, at a later time, my cousin (who studied some taekwondoe) was being physically bullied by a few low-lives at her school. I call them low-lives because to me, when a guy tries to bully a girl and gets his ass handed to him, his buddies must have no self-respect if they help him beat up the girl. When her parents were out, she held a house party, invited those low-lives as well as myself because if they touched her, their lives would become a whole lot more painful. Sure enough they tried, I stepped in, told them to piss off and we had a verbal battle that resulted in them wanting to fight me. Apparently they did TKD at the same place where she trained (must have been white belts because they couldn't strike for shit).

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 20th 2012, 04:31 PM

Sometimes it is the only way. When you can't reason with them because they won't listen, and they won't stop. Or in my case quite frequently when I didn't have the time or patience for messing around acting lame and timid beating about the bush. lol fuck that.

I just don't get WTF is wrong with some people. If they don't take no for an answer then they gotta take a fist or a boot to the face, it's THAT simple. Nany state society never taught them that I guess, because you get the shit sued out of you if you even breathe on a kid.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Cyborgeek Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My sister was being bullied. - February 22nd 2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I'm an only child although I did exactly what you mentioned...
We need more people like you in this world!
Closed Thread