TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Are they right? - January 22nd 2021, 03:16 AM

I'm confused and there are a lot of things entering my mind that I couldn’t fathom and gives me so many worries. I suddenly get irritated for no reason at all, I do not want to go to work, and sometimes chest palpitations but all of those will fade away on their own. I don't want to be stressed so I ignore those uncomfortable feelings. But it’s never-ending because 3-5 days after I feel okay, here they are again. Feeling uneasy. Many people say that I have anxiety. Are they right? What will I do?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Are they right? - January 23rd 2021, 06:59 PM

Anxiety can definitely cause palpitations. So I would definitely seek support in some for for the anxiety. However, anytime there’s heart palpitations medical care should be sought. I would set up an appointment ASAP, so they can look out your heart to rule out other things. In your case, I can’t tell you what is causing these issues. Just a doctor can. But, I am in school to be a Medical Assistant. And everything I’ve ever learned tells me that heart concerns, no matter how small should always be checked out by a doctor.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivičre Offline
Par la rivičre
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Are they right? - January 23rd 2021, 09:46 PM

If I may ask, what is it that keeps entering your mind? What is it that keeps giving you so many worries?

You mentioned that you get irritated for no reason at all, but also don't want to be stressed so ignore uncomfortable feelings. Perhaps these two things aren't so disconnected?

It's perfectly ok to want to avoid the things that cause you stress. It's human nature to want to avoid negative feelings. However, sometimes tackling these negative feelings is the key to overcoming them. Think about what's making you stressed. Is it the thoughts that go through your mind? What kind of thoughts are they? Are they the kind of things that can be easily solved? Or are they rooted deeply to a larger issue? Also, your feelings of irritating may likely be connected to you whatever may be going through your mind. In an attempt to control how you feel, your suppression of those feelings may be causing these feelings of irritation to occur.

In relation to your heart palpatations, the NHS here in the UK has some great information on them: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heart-palpitations/ though I would definitely agree with Lynds and get yourself checked out by a doctor just to be safe.

I can't say whether or not you have anxiety. Obviously I'm no doctor so can't diagnose you. There are so many causes of anxiety that it would be impossible to pinpoint without professional help. TeenHelp actually has a resource committed to Anxiety. The site does explain some causes of anxiety which you can find here: https://www.livingwithanxiety.com/causes

In the event you manage to get an appointment with your doctor, it would be a good idea to mention to them about how you're feeling emotionally as well. Your potential heart palpitations and anxiety may very well be connected. Your doctor may be able to prescribe you something to help, or refer you to another medical practitioner.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: Are they right? - January 24th 2021, 01:41 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear what you have been feeling. I agree with what the above users have mentioned in regards to seeking a medical professional about your heart palpitations. They will be able to give you a better understanding of what is happening.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Are they right? - January 24th 2021, 09:28 PM

Hi there,

It does sound like a lot of what you're saying could indicate anxiety, especially since you're having irritable moods and a lot on your mind. Anxiety can manifest as physical symptoms such as heart palpitations as your body and mind are connected. It's possible that anxiety is part of the problem here, but the best thing you can do if you're unsure or worried, is speak to a doctor. Especially since you're having heart palpitations, it's worthwhile just getting yourself checked over to ensure it's nothing serious, just as the posts above have said. A doctor might also be able to help you with finding tools which will help anxiety if that is the cause too, such as breathing exercises, grounding techniques and perhaps medication if it's considered helpful.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread