TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

How to get organised? - May 22nd 2020, 08:33 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hi,

I'm not sure where to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I get overwhelmed with all the tasks I need to do. Things for myself, for other people and things around the house. I'm finding it difficult to do everything I need to do as I find that I don't have enough time, but I realise that part of the problem is my lack of time management skills. How do you get organised? Is there a particular app that you find helpful? Do you have any suggestions on how I could tackle all the jobs? I'd be interested to hear how other people organise their time as well, and if anyone has any useful tips or ideas.

Thank you, Z.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: How to get organised? - May 23rd 2020, 06:15 PM

I'm dyslexic, and my organisation skills are pretty awful. In order to plan or do anything, it has to be done well in advance. How far in advance depends on the activity.

If I need to plan for appointments I've made, or if I'm meeting with somebody, I always make sure to set a reminder on my phone as soon as I've made the commitment. For example, if I have a meeting at work for say, a week or two later, I will immediately put a reminder on my phone and set my phone to remind me in advance. I will take into account any travel I'll need to make, and add on about 15-20 minutes to that reminder just in case of delays or anything that may unexpectedly happen.

If I need to help make myself organised in terms of daily activities, such as getting up at a certain time, I always have an alarm across the room that I must physically get up for. Anything such as working from home or doing course revision, I assign myself a number of days that the work must be completed by. All tasks are worked through in order of size and priority. If a task needs completing by the end of the week, I ensure to work on those first, because the deadline is shorter. Whereas deadlines such as my course, are a monthly deadline, so I can work on them after my weekly deadlines have been completed.

I imagine you have a lot of other issues I may have missed out. I'll be more than happy to help you workout a plan to help you become more organised if you need.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47

Re: How to get organised? - May 24th 2020, 01:17 PM

Hello, and thank you so much for coming on and asking for help with this. You did a great job coming on and asking

When you are trying to get everything organized, start with one thing in your room, for example say it is your school books. You can put them on a desk or a place in your room so that you can find them to do your work. Also, like was said up above with a reminder on your phone to help you so that you do not forget anything. Also you can have a whiteboard in your room and you can write on it what you need to do and then when you are done you can check it off. Also you can pick out one or two outfits for the next day, this will be easier so you are not running around. I wish you the best with this and hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: How to get organised? - May 29th 2020, 01:32 PM

I have found that I benefit from physically writing down what I need to do each day. I have a weekly planner, sort of. It's not a spiral book, but more of a large notepad where I write down things and cross them off each day. I carry it around with me a lot to remind me of what I need to do. I use green for tasks around the house, purple for school, and blue for appointments. I'm not sure where you shop, but Amazon has a lot of them to give you an idea.

If I can, I usually try to tackle the things I look forward to the least so they aren't hanging over my head all day. It makes me feel good that I got to them as well.

When do you have the most energy? Mine is in the morning before I get tired. See if you can take advantage of that. In contrast, if I am tired or not up to doing certain tasks, I do ones that I can work on while I don't have to be up an about (like schoolwork, phone calls, etc.).

You can also try making a to-done list, or keep track of tasks you have done. It'll allow you to acknowledge your efforts.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: How to get organised? - August 14th 2020, 12:51 AM

Hello there,

Being organized can help you feel accomplished and upright and it can also bring efficiency to both your work and study. here are three things I do to keep organized.

1. 2-minute rule. If you have task that could be finished in 2 minutes (wash dish right after meal, writing a email, wipe down water after taking a bath, hang clothes right after dryer)

2. keep a bullet journal or a to-do list. I personally keep a bullet journal that records everything in my mind, to do list, tracking habits, eccentric ideas and art. If you don't want to keep a physical journal, you could downlaod app with to do list functions such as Productive, DO, MinimaList, and so on. There are tons of similar apps and you can pick on and stick to it.

3. Write down a list of things you must organize and focus on one item at a time, For example, your book shelf is messy and you wanna fix it. Pick an undistract time to just organize book shelf, and you could listen to music while doing chores, making the process a little more enjoyable.

I highly recomment you to read the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. I have reread it many times to make sure I remember the steps to develop and keep good habits. Being organized is a beneficial habit that lots intentional effort and time to keep, and I believe you can defitely achieve what you want in your life. Good luck!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Naughty Dog Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,067, Level: 5 Points: 1,067, Level: 5 Points: 1,067, Level: 5

Re: How to get organised? - January 26th 2021, 07:30 PM

That is the problem I have been facing for the last maybe 5-7 years It is a common thing for me to have a whole week for some task but to get to it when there are only 2 left
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: How to get organised? - January 26th 2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog View Post
That is the problem I have been facing for the last maybe 5-7 years It is a common thing for me to have a whole week for some task but to get to it when there are only 2 left
Welcome to Teen Help. I hope you enjoy being here and get the support you need. If you're wanting something specific, our online home has some fantastic resources HERE , but don't be shy to ask for support if you need.

For me, I enjoy getting organized because already is a 'to go' pack if we need to travel, but we've made to To Do and What's Needed list because it defo helps if when our minds can suddenly blank. Also, getting organized might take a lot longer because Lockdown tends to stretch time out, somewhat, so these two sheets are excellent memory jogs.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
Closed Thread