TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Points: 12,765, Level: 16 Points: 12,765, Level: 16 Points: 12,765, Level: 16

Question Motivation to do this work? - January 5th 2013, 01:40 PM

Hey!

So, I have about 5-6 months left of my childcare course (it's all coursework), but I have absolutely no motivation to do any of the work. I have to finish of a placement, do some placement work in a new placement (or start the placement all over again), do loads of corrections on my main folders aswell as normal corrections for other work and two more units - religion and pshychology, both of which I'm bad at.

I just don't know how to motivate myself to do the work for the next few months. And I don't really want to tell people because I'm worried I'm going to gt a response of 'You're just being lazy' and stuff like that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
RosieJ

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Motivation to do this work? - January 8th 2013, 04:47 AM

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you're lazy. Part of the reason, as you already stated, is that you don't perform particularly well in religion and psychology... so who WOULDN'T want to blow off the work involved with those classes? Also, you could be "burned out" - this is something you commonly see with people who are on the "home stretch" with classes.

In my case, I just remind myself of why I've been doing all this hard work. I can't get the job I want if I don't do well in school and get my degree. Also, instead of thinking, "UGH, I have to do _ more months of this," I take a more optimistic approach, and think, "YES, I ONLY have _ more months of this!"

I think it's important to talk to people about how you're feeling. Yes, there's a chance someone could think you're lazy... but when we don't process our feelings, we tend to bottle them up and explode (which could result in your failure to meet deadlines or perform well). Find a couple of people you feel comfortable confiding in. I'm fortunate enough to be in a clinical psychology program, so my professors and colleagues are therapists. =P I'm betting there are a few compassionate professors in your program, though, and your colleagues can certainly relate to the stress of having to find placement sites, having to study for exams, etc.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BnMcG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,761, Level: 12 Points: 6,761, Level: 12 Points: 6,761, Level: 12

Re: Motivation to do this work? - January 8th 2013, 08:15 PM

Indeed - if ultimately your aim is to work in childcare, try to think of why and what you're working towards - if there are other students on the placement, maybe talking to them will help, it's possible they share the same feelings as you !
Closed Thread