TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13

Unhappy College massivly stressing me out - March 12th 2013, 07:56 PM

I'm studying for A-levels in sixth from, I'm first year, so I've got 4 subjects to keep on top of. English literature, history, graphic design and ceramics.

This is the situation...
I did the exam for english, so now I've only got the coursework to go. I get it, but it takes me ages to get my head around how to put it all together. The final drafts are due March 28th.
Today I also found out that my ceramics teacher is expecting a finished unit 1 sketchbook on the date above, and 10 pages of the exam sketchbook done for next Tuesday. I haven't even started that, and they've ran out of sketchbooks, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow until I can get one.
All of my ceramics and graphic design sketchbooks are due in sometime in early May. I feel like there's no way in hell I can achieve that since they both take so much time to do.
Ontop of all that, my History teachers are expecting a massive work load.

I've spent god knows how long in tears over all the stress... but I've been thinking. Even reading over that now, I feel like I'm getting worked up over nothing. I have friends who are doing 4 art subjects, then ones who are doing 4 academic subjects, and they never get stressed out about the work load. They hardly do any extra work outside their timetabled lessons either... Why am I stressing out over this if they're not?
I really want some support. I don't know what can be done to help, and I feel stupid asking for support when I feel like I'm over worrying. I'm incredibly confused

Any advise on what I should do?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: College massivly stressing me out - March 12th 2013, 09:11 PM

Make a schedule that has when to work on what, so you can have that visual. Don't forget to include times to not do schoolwork as well, because otherwise you'll just get extra stressed. If you need to, talk to your professors about how you have a lot going on. Most will understand if you just take the time to communicate.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: College massivly stressing me out - March 15th 2013, 01:25 AM

Graduate school is all about time management. The thing I've found to be most helpful is getting a giant desk calendar and color-coding all my classes. Then, I look at the syllabus and figure out when everything is due. I write the due dates down on the calendar. Then, I figure out how to break down the assignments into smaller, less intimidating portions. I estimate how long it will take to complete those portions, then I write them down on my calendar as well. Eventually, I end up filling just about every day on the calendar... but instead of having daunting tasks, I'll have an hour set aside for this class' project, an hour set side for this class' upcoming quiz, and so on. If you can begin to do this, then your workload may not seem as intimidating. Yes, you may have a few days where you have an unusually large workload, right before the deadlines... but if you stay on top of those smaller portions, you can get it all done on time and reduce your stress. =)

Closed Thread