TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
leaveascar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,168, Level: 11 Points: 6,168, Level: 11 Points: 6,168, Level: 11

Exclamation my high school year, relationship issues, and wanting to start new habits, i really need advice and someone who cares - September 8th 2013, 06:02 AM

Guys and gals, i feel very alone, im a freshman in high school and it sucks. there was a
special girl in my life but she only wants to be friends. we tried dating but it didnt turn out well. i want us to be more but i guess not. i still love her and i will never stop. bu t it hurts vtoo much to care for her. so i decided not to have friends, friends only cause heartache, and i want to start cutting myself again and other old habits. Plz reply and plz give me advice if u have any
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: my high school year, relationship issues, and wanting to start new habits, i really need advice and someone who cares - September 8th 2013, 06:47 PM

Hey there, I'm so sorry to hear looabout what happened. Believe me when I say that I understand what it's like to want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you. Here's one way to look at it, if she doesn't want to be with you in that way, tsthen you don't want to be with her because the more you try to force it the worse it's going to get. I understand that she hurt you, but that doesn't mean that everyone will. You could even view her as caring about you because she was willing to be honest and say that she didn't want to be with you instead of leading you on. I understand not wanting to be hurt by people, but if the alternative makes you want to hurt yourself, then making friends might be worth the risk.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: my high school year, relationship issues, and wanting to start new habits, i really need advice and someone who cares - September 9th 2013, 12:08 AM

I agree with what Katie said. Don't be too hard on yourself, especially when it comes to a girl that you like. At least the girl that you wanted to be more than friends with was upfront and honest with you instead of leading you on and lying to you. I disagree that friends only cause heartaches. Like Katie said, not everyone in this world is going to hurt you. There are some of us out there who have a heart and want to be friends with you. Don't go at this long road on your own. I'm very sure that there are people out there who want to be around you and be there for you no matter what. Don't give up on that. Take a chance in making friends. It'll be hard, but eventually, it'll be worth it.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk
Closed Thread