TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20

Improving Work Ethic. - April 13th 2014, 11:01 AM

Good evening ladies and gentleness, and just a warning before I begin, my apologies if there are any spelling mistakes or Autocorrect accidents, I have. To type this as quickly as possible because my iPad is dying LOL.

I just wanted to ask about work ethic, I have seen heaps of people. Office workers, tradesmen and eve football players, that just put 100% into everything they do and committ to everything they do, and I just want to ow what the secret is to improving your reliability and work ethic.

I am studying at the moment and I have been finding it difficult to remain focused when studying, but I see people who are writing at ten million miles an hour and continuing in for hours on end, how do people do it?

Hwo do people maintain their concentration bd their efficiency, because even when I want to continue on with some study, I always find myself finding something else to do, or ripping the page out and stfating again, and none of these habits e me anywhere.

I have a week off and I want to jar the most of it and be as efficient as u can. Give me some advice as to how .

How do people do it, I tell jealous .

Record time LOL, but this is probably hard to read . Although entertaining .

Thanks .

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Improving Work Ethic. - April 13th 2014, 11:58 AM

Hey there,

This wasn't too bad to read, don't worry.

I had the same questions as you when I was studying last year, and it took multiple teachers and friends who were similar to me to make me realise what the problem was. People are different. Studying techniques differ from person to person. I had friends who would revise for hours on end and everything would go in and they'd achieve amazing marks, while I struggled to study for a single hour and remember everything. Personally, I achieved better when I broke up both my revision techniques and revision time.

So for example, you could study for half an hour using notes, and then have a 10-20 minute break where you focus back on something else for a while. During your study time, turn off all electicals and get away from any distractions. One of my teachers once (twice, well...about a million times) told me that if you're in the zone and you look at your phone or something, it will take you 10 minutes to then get back to the mentality that you had before. So it's best to avoid giving into temptation by simply getting away from any. When it comes to your next burst of study, try using another technique, so maybe use spider diagrams or flash cards, or study with someone so that you can remember the stuff through talking instead. PErsonally, studying with my best friend was one of the main factors that contibuted to my A grade, because studying became fun.

The key is, though, that the only person who can motivate you is yourself. If you're feeling unmotivated, try studying anyway. Get yourself a drink or water, or a cup of tea/coffee, make sure you eat and have breaks, exercise, have fun, but also study. Set aside little bursts of study time throughout the day so that you're studying for the hours you want to study for, but broken up into smaller sessions. It can help your mind not get over worked to the point where nothing makes sense and you've forgotten how to read.

Anyway, I hope this helped a bit. Studying is all about learning what works best for you, so experiment and you'll find it helps.

Take care, and good luck!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread