TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sektor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,979, Level: 10 Points: 4,979, Level: 10 Points: 4,979, Level: 10

If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 22nd 2016, 11:17 AM

Kind of or no. If you are in your first semester still?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 22nd 2016, 11:30 AM

Are they conditional or unconditional acceptances? Either way, if you are still in the first semester, I would imagine you still have to pass all your exams in order to say that you are 'done' with high school, even if you have acceptances from colleges. When I found out I had an offer from university, I didn't feel that I was done with school, because I needed to pass the exams. If I didn't pass, my offer would've been declined. Plus, even with offers, you still have to attended classes. But I guess it's a personal choice and perhaps depends on your school system in your country.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Points: 18,058, Level: 19 Points: 18,058, Level: 19 Points: 18,058, Level: 19

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 22nd 2016, 12:49 PM

For me, you're done with high school if you get a diploma or go to a low level education to begin.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 22nd 2016, 06:36 PM

No, you can't say you're done high school. I can practically guarantee that if you take that attitude and let your grades slide, then you will lose your offers to attend university at what ever schools you've chosen.
You're not done high school until you've finished every course and have you're diploma.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Points: 4,906, Level: 10 Points: 4,906, Level: 10 Points: 4,906, Level: 10

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 23rd 2016, 12:01 AM

No. You're not done until you're done.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 24th 2016, 05:42 AM

Well, there are a handful of people who fail each year because they gave up their senior year.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Points: 9,996, Level: 14 Points: 9,996, Level: 14 Points: 9,996, Level: 14

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 24th 2016, 08:49 AM

Hey there,
Since the definition of "practically" means almost - I guess in your senior year you would be able to say that you are almost done with High School.

Remember to not live your life in a hurry though. I've always been told that time goes by faster the older you get. I didn't believe it until I got a little older.
Sounds like you're going to be in college soon, and then you'll be done before you know it. :P

-Ron

Revenge is a poison meant for others that we end up swallowing ourselves.
Vengeance is a dark light that blinds all who seek it.
The untroubled soul knows there is no justice in revenge.
The untroubled soul knows that to seek vengeance, is to seek destruction.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
sektor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 24th 2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTheRonWay View Post
Hey there,
Since the definition of "practically" means almost - I guess in your senior year you would be able to say that you are almost done with High School.

Remember to not live your life in a hurry though. I've always been told that time goes by faster the older you get. I didn't believe it until I got a little older.
Sounds like you're going to be in college soon, and then you'll be done before you know it. :P

-Ron
I know I don't want to live my life in a hurry. College is like 9 months away and I've already starting feeling like a college student and I feel like I'm hurrying my life by thinking like this. I agree that I want to take it slow

btw so I could say a Junior is practically done as well?
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 24th 2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sektor View Post
I know I don't want to live my life in a hurry. College is like 9 months away and I've already starting feeling like a college student and I feel like I'm hurrying my life by thinking like this. I agree that I want to take it slow

btw so I could say a Junior is practically done as well?
But the main difference is that you're not a college student. You're still in high school. You could pass age wise as a college student and you won't magically become more mature when you graduate. Nothing much happens besides the parties. In all honesty, a lot of people that I went to high school with are in the same boat they were when they just graduated. Some of them graduated with degrees but are still working grocery store/restaurant jobs.

I also was a student at a local college when I was still in high school so it isn't that much different in terms of maturity.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 24th 2016, 07:24 PM

I mean, you're almost on your way out. But I wouldn't slack off now. Most colleges DO ask for your final transcripts, so definitely don't slack off and think that just because you've been accepted to colleges, you can do whatever you want in your classes without consequences. That will hurt you later.

I don't think you're hurrying your life either. As Lelola said, you won't magically become more mature when you graduate. You still can have fun with your life and this is still the time of your life where you can explore and really discover who you are. Of course you'll have your studies to focus on too, but there's still time for fun!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
sektor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 25th 2016, 06:21 AM

Well the 2nd semester just started so I guess I still have a long way, 9 months lol, so I'll just slow my life down and go in the present
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? - January 25th 2016, 06:43 AM

Nope. Colleges still pay attention. Don't stop. Don't even slow down. At all.
If your teachers aren't Satan, they'll make the second semester easy, but you still have to finish.
There is nothing to be gained by going half-ass the rest of the way.
Closed Thread