TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Supercow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,073, Level: 9 Points: 4,073, Level: 9 Points: 4,073, Level: 9

Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 30th 2016, 04:19 AM

So almost 2 years ago my mom and 2nd step dad fought and I had to move over several states with her to live with my grandparents.

I can have severe anxiety at times and going to a new school with people I don't know didn't help.

So my first day in gym I'm scared and eyes darting around the room... lol and this guy stood infront of me and said aloud to his friends "yaaa he's gonna he a pedophile"

I did ignore him, or atleast I couldn't react ? Idk I just remember feeling terrified.

The problem is even though that was the worst thing he's done to me, he has harassed me for the past 2 school years and wouldn't leave me alone.

He humped my desk, stared at me every other time we pass in the hall way or just randomly in class.

He would sometimes even randomly sit next to me along with one of his friends.

Worse still is I have caught friends of his who I have never met or talked to also staring at me.

One of them even tried to take pictures of me which was very recent at the end of the last school year.

I'm sorry this may seem very long but this issue has been in the making for a long time and I'm afraid of being in class with these people when summer is over.

*extra info*
I'm male, everyone else in this...scenario is a male
Taken place from freshmen through sophomore year
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 30th 2016, 08:06 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you've experienced this throughout school. It is unacceptable for students to treat you like this and I really hope that things get better for you. For a lot of people high school can be hard and it is almost impossible to avoid all bullies. But you must remember that you are above them and what they say to you does not matter. I've always tried to remind myself of that throughout school, and it can be hard at times, but it's something we have to constantly remember!

I also think it's important to let a staff member at your school know. Things like humping your desk or taking pictures of you are inappropriate and need to be addressed. They can also possibly help you cope with the rude things they do.

Of course, sometimes talking to a staff member doesn't work for numerous reasons, and sometimes you do have to do things yourself to alleviate the situation. When students would harass me or make fun of me I often times did my best to ignore it and walk away. Get out of the situation. I also would sometimes deal with it with humor. I'd just say some snide remark back to show them what they said had no affect on me, and sometimes they would eventually get that they weren't getting the reaction they wanted and leave me alone.

I also want you to remember that high school is a short period in your life. It may have some parts you don't like, but focus on you. These mean guys don't deserve your attention. You are there to do better things and go on to do bigger things! And eventually you'll be out of there before you know it.

Good luck this year!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Supercow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,073, Level: 9 Points: 4,073, Level: 9 Points: 4,073, Level: 9

Re: Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 31st 2016, 02:55 AM

Thank you for reading and answering my ...problem

I have tried to ignore him which didn't do much...

Then made humor his jokes which lead to him harassing/interacting with me alot more frequently.

I guess I'll continue to ignore him and tell my counsilor if it starts up again
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Points: 4,408, Level: 9 Points: 4,408, Level: 9 Points: 4,408, Level: 9

Re: Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 31st 2016, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercow View Post
Thank you for reading and answering my ...problem

I have tried to ignore him which didn't do much...

Then made humor his jokes which lead to him harassing/interacting with me alot more frequently.

I guess I'll continue to ignore him and tell my counsilor if it starts up again
Tell a teacher or someone
Tell a counselor about your anxiety and difficulty socializing
Try your best to go to after school activities, clubs, maybe sports
Once you make more friends it will be easy, you'll have a pack, feel safer most likely and people will be less likely to screw with you.

Some guys and gals are messed up and need to validate their miserable existences by picking on others.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 31st 2016, 08:46 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you have had to go through this for so long. It sounds like this guy is just a bully and unfortunately his friends have just followed suit and not done anything to intervene, and whilst they may not be doing anything, they aren't doing anything to prevent it and they are making you feel uncomfortable. I think you need to speak up and tell someone what is going on, because no one deserves to be subjected to this treatment. No one should feel this way about going to school. You could tell a teacher, or if you feel uncomfortable get your grandparents to go to the school and talk to someone there. This behaviour is not acceptable, and you or anyone should have to tolerate it.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
Closed Thread