TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soapbubbles Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,711, Level: 7 Points: 2,711, Level: 7 Points: 2,711, Level: 7

Unhappy Rant About People at School - June 21st 2018, 04:20 PM

I hate those kids in life and at school that get everything handed to them. My parents barely can afford to make dinner compared to their parents. These kids get their parents to buy them cars, expensive clothes, and everything else but I can barely afford anything. I feel jealous and resentful because of it. I’m looked at as a loser because I have no car to drive because my parents can’t afford anything. It makes me so jealous yet so sad at the same time because I just want things that they have and I desperately want to drive but I can’t afford anything. My parents rarely buy me new clothes let alone buy me a car and pay my insurance
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46

Re: Rant About People at School - June 21st 2018, 04:59 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp. It is wonderful that you have joined
Also, thank you so much for telling us about this. I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and I hope that you will be okay soon.

When kids at school are getting so much and they are showing it off to everyone, that can be really hard to deal with and you can't get jealous. Because part of you wants to be like them. I have some of those kid's at my school too. Try you're best to not get upset about this.

I am sorry that is happening to you. Can you try to save you're money or see if you can make some extra money and save it and then see if you are able to go in half with you're parents? You can see if you are able to babysit some kids or ask if you know someone cut the grass or see if you can work somewhere to get extra money to help you out. And then you can try talking with you're parents about if they are able to pay for half of the car that you are going to get.

You can say how much money you have any find a car and put it all down on paper and show them this and see what they say back to you. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brocki95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Torben

Points: 2,844, Level: 7 Points: 2,844, Level: 7 Points: 2,844, Level: 7

Re: Rant About People at School - June 23rd 2018, 12:38 AM

Hi Soapbubbles,

What those spoiled kids often do not tell you is that everything has a major draw back. Cars have consistently decreased in value over the last few years. There is a good reason why no one wants an expensive car anymore. The maintenance costs are WAY too expensive! Aside from this, you need to ask yourself the question is it really worth being upset about someone who gets everything handed to them on a silver platter? You are at an early stage at life and it really means nothing to brag about things you have only because parents were able to buy them. It matters whether you can afford them yourself. In college, it doesn't matter who has the most expensive gear. And in the real world buying the most expensive things makes you an idiot, because instead of thinking wisely and saving money you throw money at whatever is hyped and expensive. And guess what? Those are the kind of people that large companies laugh at.
I can relate to that with a real world example: Samsung phones are hyped right now and very expensive. However I had major problems with the battery draining fast and making the phone basically useless. And from this, I now refuse to buy a Samsung phone because of the abysmal battery no matter how hyped it is. And this is exactly what your rich class mates('s parents) don't understand.
Anyways: The sky is the limit as to how much we want, but do you really need these things?
Focus on making headway in school and then you will be able to afford these things yourself. Nothing will run away from you. You will have every opportunity to have these things later on in life and will also learn that there is more to buying things than hype!
So ignore your class mates, them buying the most expensive products will never get them to learn how much they are making a fool out of themselves.
At your age it doesn't come down to owning expensive things. Just laugh at them and shake your head at how much money these spoiled kids are throwing at these corporations! And then you will know that these kids have no reason to feel that they are better than you in any shape or form.

I hope this recognition helps you with your jealousy. Because in the end, they should be jealous of you having to work hard for your cars and clothes rather than having to do nothing to get them. There is just no honor in doing that!

Keep working hard and you will be able to afford nice things sooner than you can think

Good luck

~Torben
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread