TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Mixed emotions. - October 10th 2021, 08:08 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Tomorrow, restrictions are lifted where I live after 4 months. Obviously, it’s great that we can do things after so long but I am now returning back to my weekend bartending job which is beneficial for me as I am able to receive some extra cash. But that mean I will have less time to do the things that I would like to do and I have gotten so used to such as spending time with my family and being able to relax at home. I’m feeling anxious and guilty that I’ll be spending more time working and not with my family. I just don’t know what to do. I have been applying for more jobs but I lack experience in the field of work that I am applying for. I already work full time throughout the week but I can’t survive of the single income. I’m falling more and more into the darkness and I’m doing all I can to see the light.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,156, Level: 47 Points: 109,156, Level: 47 Points: 109,156, Level: 47

Re: Mixed emotions. - October 10th 2021, 02:46 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. I'm glad that you are not in the lockdown anymore, it can be hard returning to work and what we used to do because it can feel a little bit different. Try not to get upset when you are going back to work and if you have time at night or on the weekend see if you can do something with your family. It can be anything, going for a walk or watching a movie or playing a game or baking cookies or something else that you all enjoy doing and try doing that. It is okay to take an hour or two and hang out with them if you can. As long as you are having fun and they are too, that is what matters and you will remember that. I hope that you will be okay soon and everything works out for you soon. Sending you to help you out.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Mixed emotions. - October 10th 2021, 07:25 PM

I remember when lockdown was lifted in the UK the first time and I had to return to work. It was nice having some normality but I think all of this has really put life into perspective and made us see how little time we actually have for doing the things we enjoy, rather than just working constantly. Don't let the experience thing get you down. Everyone has to start from somewhere, and if you're interested in a specific line of work you should definitely pursue it, although I know it's disheartening. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but you can definitely get through this.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Mixed emotions. - October 11th 2021, 04:16 PM

I know finding a job is tough, and so is returning to work after being away for so long! I'm hoping that you're able to find work-life balance as well as another job, even in a different field.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Mixed emotions. - October 12th 2021, 05:54 AM

Thank you all for your replies.
I have worked through the lockdown as well as through the whole pandemic full-time with no breaks so I guess I've enjoyed having the weekends to myself more then I thought I would.
This week is so busy for me and I'm just so tired already.

Closed Thread