TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Exploring New Sights Whether you're going somewhere for a few days, want to learn about other places in the world, or just want to share your latest Instagram shots, this is the forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Explore some new places - May 8th 2021, 11:12 AM

I remember a day, a few months ago, when I was walking back from the local library with a backpack full of books. I came to an intersection, but instead of taking the route home, I went the other way for some reason. Imagine my surprise, when I entered a neighbourhood of houses just a five minute walk away from my place - I had thought there were only blocks of flats around! I strolled through the alleys for a long time. I loved it there, it was so peaceful and people had lots of fantastic plants in their gardens.

I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience. Have you ever explored a place you normally wouldn't go? Did you come across anything interesting? Was it just around the corner, or somewhere far from where you live?
If you have any pictures, feel free to share them

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Explore some new places - May 8th 2021, 06:24 PM

I love that you found a nice little place to explore right under your nose.

When we went into the very first lockdown I went for more walks with my mum as neither of us were out working at the time. We found a nice little pond about a mile and a half away from where we live. We don't live in the nicest of areas, it's mainly ugly buildings and shops, so it was nice to find a quiet, peaceful spot which didn't feel like we were home. Here is one of the pictures I took nearby.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Explore some new places - May 8th 2021, 07:54 PM

Back when I was at university I was at the tail end of my 2nd year. I was so tired and fed up from constantly working and planning for my dissertation in my final year that I'd just about had enough. It was quite hot and I burn easily. I didn't care. I just took off up the road and I walked around 3 miles because I just needed to go and get out... far, far away from being behind my laptop screen.

Granted I was hot and nasty feeling but I still wasn't bothered. I even downloaded Pokemon Go just so I could have a bit of an adventure for myself. It was really nice to just get out there and explore.

I remember passing the ocean and watching boats come to and from the little harbour areas, as well as people just relaxing outside enjoying the sun while it lasted. It was nice. I felt so much better after it.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Explore some new places - May 9th 2021, 12:13 PM

I don't go out as much as I used to but I plan on going out more. Sometimes when I'm coming home from town, instead of walking through streets, I'll go through a side street that has a little park and is away from the main road. Otherwise, there's a good pathway that is a bit out of the way but it's like walking through a wooded area with a little stream and a bridge and is so peaceful. You really forget that it's behind houses and a busy road

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Explore some new places - June 25th 2021, 01:39 PM

The pandemic made me use my bicycle a lot more to run errands. I've been visiting a forest several kilometres away from where I live as well. Before the pandemic I had only known the most popular places in that forest, but now I've discovered a lot more untravelled routes and pathways. I've realised that I had only known my neighbourhood superficially.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

Closed Thread