TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Exploring New Sights Whether you're going somewhere for a few days, want to learn about other places in the world, or just want to share your latest Instagram shots, this is the forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,751, Level: 33 Points: 55,751, Level: 33 Points: 55,751, Level: 33

Road trips - May 22nd 2021, 08:07 AM

Going on a road trip is a fantastic way to spend your free time. It's a chance to explore new places, meet friends and get some physical activity outside.
It's a good idea to make a trip plan beforehand. Here are some tips about what to consider:
  • Layout the itinerary.
  • Arrange the details with your travel companions, if you're going with any.
  • Plan the budget and put away a bit more money in case of emergency.
  • If you're going by car/campervan/bike etc. check if the vehicle is functional.
  • Do a research of touristic attractions or other sites you want to visit, book online if needed.
  • Stock emergency items, list some emergency contacts.
  • Verify your documents such as passport/ID/driver's licence and any other documents you might need, such as your vehicle's.
  • Prepare a list of things you'll want to pack.
Let me know if you find those tips helpful! Also share your stories of road trips you've gone on in the past or ones you're planning. I'm curious about your experiences!

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Road trips - May 22nd 2021, 11:23 PM

Those are some really good tips!

I know whenever I've had to plan to go away somewhere, I recognise how much of a bad planner I am, and start planning as much as 3 months in advance. Planning can take time depending on where you're going and whom you're going with. The more people the harder it can be to organise and plan.

I think one of my biggest road trips, if you want to call it that, was when I went to Swansea for an event. I planned it out 3 months in advance and started looking at train times, hotels, costs. There was a lot of organisation required. And given my poor organisation skills due to learning disabilities, those 3 months were certainly needed!

The journey went quite well and I stayed just 1 night since at the time I was a student. But I made a mini holiday out of it and visited museums and galleries. I walked around the city and spent time chatting to people. It was February at the time, and the weather held up really nicely. Not a single drop of rain and clear skies. I walked along the beach as the sun started to set. I took a lot of pictures while I was away. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The journey to and from my flat was a total of 8 hours, but it was well worth it. Especially as I'd organised it all on my own and with my terrible organisation skills. It was a huge achievement for me and one I'll never forget.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Road trips - May 25th 2021, 02:40 PM

These are all really handy tips, thanks for sharing.

I'm such a non-planner when it comes to trips, usually my more organised friends do a lot of the planning and I'm there to say yes or no to suggestions. I'd love to do a proper road trip around Europe or something one day, but right now the longest road trip I've been on was to Cornwall, which all in all was about a 6-7 hour journey. Google maps had estimated four hours, so it actually took much longer than we expected, so now we know to always leave some space in the journey for in case things like traffic, road works or road closures make the journey longer than anticipated. I actually really liked the journey though as seeing the countryside was quite relaxing.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread