TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Question constantly looks like I'm 2 months pregnant? - April 1st 2015, 05:36 AM

Hi there

So there's something that I'm noticing more and more, which is annoying me more and more: my belly!

I started noticing it sticked out a bit when my friend was over at my house, and she started complaining about her belly, and how she wished she could have a flat one like me. But that's the thing. It's not flat. It's smooth, but not flat. So whilst complaining she had lifted her t-shirt to scowl at her belly in the mirror, and I noticed that it looked just like the swimwear models', like it was slightly concave from her ribcage down to her waist. Up to then I'd thought everyone had a bit of a stick-out tummy, but that you just had to hold it in. So, surprised, I asked her wether or not she was holding it, to which she responded no. So I then bared my own belly, and she responded with a "what?! surely you're pushing it out?!" I wasn't. Basically, whenever, wherever I am, it just sticks out like a 2 month pregnancy. I've been noticing that the only time of the day it is flat is in the morning, before I've had any breakfast, and before lunch, when I'm starving for lunch, so I guess my tummy only sticks out like this when I've got food in me (which is most of the time). This is possiblt because I'm quite slim, and I have tiny boobs, so it's more noticeable when it sticks out, but still! It's really disturbing...

So I have a few questions about this:
- do you guys have a stick-out tummy too? If not, do you do ab exercises regularly or something?
- will doing ab exercises reduce the stick-outesdness (I have just invented a word!) of my belly? I'm naturally skinny so I doubt I'll be able to build some real muscle.
- when you go out swimming, do you suck your tummy in, or is it already like that?

Thanks! I'm usually not so worried about those kind of things, but it's kind of bothering since summer is coming and all.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: constantly looks like I'm 2 months pregnant? - April 2nd 2015, 02:37 AM

Mine sticks out a little bit, but I'm curvy and it kind of balances out with my breasts. I see myself differently from how other people see me, too, (meaning I see myself as fat and other people do not) and that's probably because I'm not super confident about my body. I think it's supposed to stick out a little bit for everyone because it helps protect organs and bones. I sometimes hold my stomach in when I swim, but it really depends on how I'm feeling.

Doing ab exercises might help. You can give crunches or reverse crunches a try. I've also heard that some foods like cucumber and watermelon help burn fat.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
trendzmania Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10

Re: constantly looks like I'm 2 months pregnant? - April 14th 2015, 03:41 PM

You can do the The Abs Exercises: Side Plank

here is the procedure :-
How to do it:
A. Lie on your left side with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder and legs stacked. Place your right hand on your left shoulder or on your right hip.
B. Brace your abs and lift your hips off the floor until you're balancing on your forearm and feet so that your body forms a diagonal line. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds. If you can’t hold that long, stay up as long as you can and then repeat until you’ve held for 30 seconds total. Switch sides and repeat.
Closed Thread