TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Leggings - July 3rd 2021, 11:39 PM

Leggings are a common item of clothing for many females to wear these days. Personally I can't stand wearing them. I don't really like things that stick to my body. I don't mind something that's tight-fitting, but not in the way that leggings do it.

The only time I ever wear them is because my workplace requires it. I absolutely hate wearing them otherwise. I honestly feel like I'll split them in two if I squat down or do anything stretchy. Plus again, that feeling of them sticking to my body isn't great.

I know a lot of women enjoy wearing them and find them to be comfortable... but I'm genuinely curious, What is it about leggings that you enjoy? If you feel they're comfortable, in what way? What makes you choose them over another item of clothing like jeans or regular trousers?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Leggings - July 3rd 2021, 11:44 PM

I get the ones from Old Navy that aren't super thin and come with pockets. They're definitely more comfortable in that they don't rub or chafe as much as jeans or other types of pants and they don't stick to me as much when it gets too hot. They also tend to be softer. Plus, they sometimes have deeper pockets than my pants...

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46

Re: Leggings - July 4th 2021, 02:19 AM

Anybody of any gender can wear leggings, so I think they're popular with more than just women. Personally I don't tend to wear them either, as I don't like tight-fitting clothes in general (even skinny jeans or stockings are uncomfortable for me). I only really wear them around the house, or underneath other pants if I need some extra warmth.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Leggings - July 4th 2021, 03:32 AM

I wear leggings around the house or when I'm exercising but other than that, I don't really wear them a lot.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Leggings - July 4th 2021, 09:50 AM

I would live in leggings quite happily! I like that they're light and dont make me feel too trapped like a pair of Jean's do, and I like that they arent restrictive either. I can move in them and not feel like I'm being held into my clothes. I really need to invest in some ones with pockets though!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,353, Level: 46 Points: 107,353, Level: 46 Points: 107,353, Level: 46

Re: Leggings - July 4th 2021, 06:06 PM

Hello Sarah,

When I'm done with dancing, I will put on any kind of leggings or yoga pants with a hoodie or a long sleeve shirt to go home in. The other dancing students do the same thing so we don't mess up our dance outfits or get something on it because we are not allowed to have them messed up. If I am staying home all day, then I will put them on, I love how they feel and can stay in them for a while.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Leggings - July 4th 2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsefeathers. View Post
Anybody of any gender can wear leggings, so I think they're popular with more than just women.
While I have seen a few who identify as non-binary wearing leggings, I can safely say that in my local area, and the areas in the UK I have travelled, only on 3 accounts have I ever seen a male wearing leggings, and they were for sporting purposes. Out of observation, it's primarily females who wear leggings not just to the gym or for sports, but also just to go to the shops, or other venues.

Perhaps I'm just not seeing it though.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19

Re: Leggings - July 5th 2021, 11:17 PM

I was always a jeans person, hated legginings. Then, my chronic pain got worse and I was diagnosed with Hypermobility and now I wear light compression (active wear) Leggings 90% of the time. Part of it is because the compression helps with my proprioception and joints but I've grown to love always being comfy and not having the waistband or belt that went along with wearing jeans, dig in to me (I'm not a dresses or skirts kinda girl).

I usually wear a longer shirt or sweater with them so that I feel a bit more covered up, especially at work.

Stacey
Original join date: 27th September, 2004.
HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Leggings - July 6th 2021, 02:30 PM

I wear leggings around the house or under a dress instead of tights when I'm out. I do prefer the fact that I feel I can move around more in leggings. I used to be a jeans person but trying to find the right size was difficult, so instead I opted for jeggings, which is a nice combination of jeans and leggings and it feels like the best of both worlds to me

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Leggings - August 9th 2021, 06:37 PM

I love wearing leggings, but only underneath other pants. I usually wear them more in the winter months; but if I am just hanging around — at any time of the year — then I'll wear leggings without another layer of pants. For some reason, I feel like I can't be out and about in public wearing leggings and nothing over them. If I lost enough weight and my body shapes corrects itself, I might wear them underneath a medium-length skirt or dress; but that's it.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Leggings - August 28th 2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
I was always a jeans person, hated legginings. Then, my chronic pain got worse
I feel you there. I have abdominal disease and for a while leggings were all I could wear but even those hurt sometimes on a bad day.

I do wear leggings especially ones for the holidays! But, I like them a little looser (yes, even though they are supposed to be tight) and wear them with an oversized shirt, sweater or cardigan. Around the house I don't care as much. I used to wear them with dresses when I was a kid.

They are also convenient to wear to places like physical therapy and some doctor's appointments that require movement on my part. I wore them for months after abdominal surgeries when I couldn't deal with pants yet. Even my jeans aren't real denim, they are a stretchier material that is more comfortable.

The short leggings or bike shorts are nice to wear under regular shorts if I want a lot of coverage or under a sleep shirt.

Nowadays I dress mostly for comfort so my go to (especially if it's cold) are leggings and an oversized top if I don't go with a stretchy pair of jeans.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Shang

Edit avatar

Re: Leggings - September 15th 2021, 06:16 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I like to wear yoga leggings when doing exercise.
Most of yoga leggings are squat proof, tight but not overtight, they are skin-friendly comfortable to wear all day long[/size][/color][/font]
Closed Thread