TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 13,765, Level: 17 Points: 13,765, Level: 17 Points: 13,765, Level: 17

I need a new tattoo! - June 26th 2010, 12:28 PM

I do! About a month and a half ago I got 3 bats at the bottom of my neck. And now I want another : p

The only thing is, the two careers that are huge possibilities for me (air cabin crew by choice, or nurse by chance) say that visible tattoos aren't really allowed... So that limits me somewhat : (

I have a few ideas already, some of them that would be ruled out because of where I want them. Here they are:
  • Black outline of a heart on the inside of my arm just below my wrist
  • A daisy chain around my ankle
  • A star outline over mt knuckle (either in black or red)
  • Some kind of HUUUGE tattoo going down the side of my ribs, I dunno what though... Thorns maybe?
  • Either a heart or a star on my chest
  • A quote of some kind, maybe a song lyric. Not sure where I would put it...? Maybe my neck : P
I've wanted the heart on my arm for aaages, like years, ever since i saw this picture of this girl standing with a microphone, and she had it. I'd love to find that pic again but I can't : /

What do you guys think of the ideas? I want tattoos that no one else has. The bats I have already are unique, because a friend (an ex-friend now) drew them so I know for sure they are one of a kind! I dunno... I will need to think really hard about this! If you guys have any other ideas, let me know!

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.

Nov 29th 2010 <3

Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Points: 31,901, Level: 25 Points: 31,901, Level: 25 Points: 31,901, Level: 25

Re: I need a new tattoo! - June 26th 2010, 03:00 PM

I always wanted a daisy chain around my ankle.

Me and my Nan used to make daisy chains in the park and I wanted something to remind me of her.
I don't know if I could handle the pain of an ankle tattoo though, people I have spoke too with a lot of tattoos have said the ankle hurts the most...

I have gone through and just said about the position of them and how easily they can be hidden for a job.
  • Black outline of a heart on the inside of my arm just below my wrist - This wouldn't be hidden easily as a nurse. In UK hospitals there is a bare below the elbows policy so no watches are allowed so you could use a watch to cover it. I don't know if it would be too much of a problem if it is only small and nothing offenisive. It would be difficult for some airlines depending on the uniform for cabin crew (long/short sleeves?)
  • A daisy chain around my ankle - Easily hidden
  • A star outline over mt knuckle (either in black or red) - Impossible to hide
  • Some kind of HUUUGE tattoo going down the side of my ribs, I dunno what though... Thorns maybe? - Easily hidden
  • Either a heart or a star on my chest - Easily hidden
  • A quote of some kind, maybe a song lyric. Not sure where I would put it...? Maybe my neck : P - If you got it was the very bas of your neck it could be hidden by a top.

Last edited by Melody Pond; June 26th 2010 at 03:06 PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20

Re: I need a new tattoo! - June 26th 2010, 05:45 PM

The ankle sounds good. Easy to hide and quite a nice idea.

The huge tattoo? Well. If you don't know what it is yet, then you don't know if you want it huge or not. Going in just thinking WHATEVER THIS TATTOO IS ITS GOT TO BE HUGE isn't a good way of going about it.

Star and heart, easily hidden and quite cute.

Wrist outline thing, hard to hide.

Quote...well, you should like a quote and then decide to get it as a tattoo, instead of like the idea of a quote tattoo then think of the quote. :/

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonkin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Points: 11,104, Level: 15 Points: 11,104, Level: 15 Points: 11,104, Level: 15

Re: I need a new tattoo! - June 27th 2010, 05:31 AM

Now this is just me but any tattoo that i get has to have some kinda meaning to me. Cuz i will carry it all though my life. But yes i agree tattoos are addicting

Things do get better in time.
I used to believe that things would never get better.
But after many long years things are looking up!
So don't ever give up!
Stay strong and move on!
Things WILL get better!

Make my day let me help you. PM me anytime

Closed Thread