TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rednailpolish92 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katie

Points: 9,322, Level: 14 Points: 9,322, Level: 14 Points: 9,322, Level: 14

Question First Tattoo - August 9th 2010, 07:15 PM

i am getting a tattoo of kokpelli when i turn 18 and save up the money to get it. i want it at the base of my neck, right where that little bump is you know? itll be about 5 or 6 inches in diameter, and the henna brown color i think. any suggestions on how to care for it after? how much will it hurt? advice? how can i work with my tattoo artist to come up with something a little more unique than the picture i found... make it more feminine, etc? any suggestions with that? or basic, general comments. please and thank you!!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thefirstlady Offline
Average Joe

Name: Morgan

Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14

Re: First Tattoo - August 9th 2010, 07:56 PM

Your tattoo artist will give you an aftercare sheet telling you all the things you need to do to take care of it! To make it more feminine just talk to your tattoo artist and give them an idea of what you would like done with it and they can definitely sketch something up for you!

As for how much it will hurt, I've heard different things about the neck. The back of the neck where you're getting it will hurt a little bit over your spine but it shouldn't be too bad.

What I do after a tattoo to take care of it, is I shower an hour or two after it's done like they recommend but I don't put any lotion on it until the next day. I usually use baby aquaphor. Ever since I started using that, my tattoos have healed up brighter and faster.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 17,836, Level: 19 Points: 17,836, Level: 19 Points: 17,836, Level: 19

Re: First Tattoo - August 9th 2010, 09:07 PM

For after care, I would buy some Lubriderm ahead of time. I put it on my tattoo three to five times a day to help with the soreness and to help stop the dryness. You neck might be stiff after you get that tattoo but it shouldn't be too bad.
It hurts a different amount for different people. Getting a tattoo on your neck might be worth it in the end, but it will hurt some because the skin is so thin and there isn't much fat on your neck.
As for making it a better tattoo, I would go to your tattoo artist ahead of time to help him plan something for you. It would give you more time to decide if you like the picture and maybe you can get some friend's opinions.
Let me know how your tattoo goes!
Closed Thread