TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42

Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 12th 2021, 06:46 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have a lot of things on my plate right now and I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed. On Monday, I'm moving house and I have an assignment due. On the same day. In between now and Monday, I'm working (I do have Monday off work for the actual moving day) and I have to try and finish my assignment. Any spare time I get, I have packed as much as I can. I have asked for an extension for my assignment but I haven't heard anything back so I'll just have to wait and see if they approve it or not. I just want it to all be over and done with. It's just the thought of having to pack the rest of my stuff and unpack when I get to the new house that's the stressful part. Because of this, I have been having migraines which is another thing I have to deal with.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 12th 2021, 09:13 PM

I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed! You've got a lot going on in such a short space of time, not to mention that moving home can be incredibly stressful for lots of reasons. Worrying if everything's going to be ok and if everything's packed right, the transportation of all your things, then having to unpack everything again.

The best thing I can suggest with packing and unpacking is to do it in bits at a time rather than all at once. If you try and pack everything in one go, you may likely forget something or if you're rushing, something could get broken. Assign yourself a bit of time to do it each day and pack all of the non-essential items first.

I hope you can get an extension on your assignment!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 15th 2021, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed! You've got a lot going on in such a short space of time, not to mention that moving home can be incredibly stressful for lots of reasons. Worrying if everything's going to be ok and if everything's packed right, the transportation of all your things, then having to unpack everything again.

The best thing I can suggest with packing and unpacking is to do it in bits at a time rather than all at once. If you try and pack everything in one go, you may likely forget something or if you're rushing, something could get broken. Assign yourself a bit of time to do it each day and pack all of the non-essential items first.

I hope you can get an extension on your assignment!

Thank you for your reply.

I did manage to complete and submit my assignment on Thursday - 4 days before the due date which is great as it's one less thing to worry about.

Now I have to focus on the move.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 16th 2021, 07:05 PM

I can completely understand why you feel overwhelmed right now. I would definitely be feeling the same way! It's a lot to have to do all in such a short space of time. I'm glad you managed to get your assignment submitted early. Having one less thing on your plate should hopefully take some of the pressure off of your shoulders.

Depending on what the covid situation is where you are, is there anyone who can help you with some of the packing and unpacking? This would mean you don't have to do it all on your own, and you can maybe enjoy the process a bit more. I agree that doing everything in stages would be easier on you too though. Do you have to be completely out of your current house on Monday, or are you able to move in over the period of a few days? This might also make it more manageable.

Either way I hope that the move and everything goes well. Hopefully after this you can have some time to yourself to relax!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 17th 2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
I can completely understand why you feel overwhelmed right now. I would definitely be feeling the same way! It's a lot to have to do all in such a short space of time. I'm glad you managed to get your assignment submitted early. Having one less thing on your plate should hopefully take some of the pressure off of your shoulders.

Depending on what the covid situation is where you are, is there anyone who can help you with some of the packing and unpacking? This would mean you don't have to do it all on your own, and you can maybe enjoy the process a bit more. I agree that doing everything in stages would be easier on you too though. Do you have to be completely out of your current house on Monday, or are you able to move in over the period of a few days? This might also make it more manageable.

Either way I hope that the move and everything goes well. Hopefully after this you can have some time to yourself to relax!
Thank you for your reply.

I was very lucky to receive a lot of help as my partner and I moved together into the same house so my parents and my partners parents as well as my partners Uncle and cousin were able to help us over the last couple of days to move everything. We have done a lot of unpacking today but there are a still a few things to sort out over the next couple of days.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 22nd 2021, 06:16 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with everything that is happening and I hope that you are doing okay now or a little bit better now. When we are moving to another place it can be hard, because you have to pack everything up and I hope that you are all moved in now. I hope that you are feeling better and it is getting better for you. When you have time try to find something to help you out and get your mind off of this so that you are doing okay. Going for a walk around your house or reading a book for a while so putting on a funny movie or TV show or drawing or painting or calling a friend or something else that you enjoy doing and hopefully it helps. Hope that you will be okay soon and everything works out.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed. - May 27th 2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with everything that is happening and I hope that you are doing okay now or a little bit better now. When we are moving to another place it can be hard, because you have to pack everything up and I hope that you are all moved in now. I hope that you are feeling better and it is getting better for you. When you have time try to find something to help you out and get your mind off of this so that you are doing okay. Going for a walk around your house or reading a book for a while so putting on a funny movie or TV show or drawing or painting or calling a friend or something else that you enjoy doing and hopefully it helps. Hope that you will be okay soon and everything works out.

Thank you for your reply. I will try what you mentioned.

Closed Thread