TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Slowly sinking. - August 29th 2022, 07:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know how much more I can honestly take. I have become a workaholic and because of this, I have taken on too much. I'm constantly stressed, tired and rushing from one place to the other. I don't have time for myself or to be able to spend time with my family and friends. I'm just all over the place at the moment.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Slowly sinking. - August 29th 2022, 03:55 PM

Hi Dawn, I am so sorry to hear you're feeling this way right now. May I ask why you've decided to take on more than you can handle, and what can you do about it? Is it possible to ask your employer for less hours and/or days at work so you have more free time to yourself, and to spend with your loved ones?

I'm not sure how the cost of living is in your country; but in the United States it's ridiculously expensive. There are people who have to work 50+ hours a week, at minimum wage, just to stay afloat; and even then, they still have to cut back on 'luxuries' such as treating themselves or taking time off. It's unfortunately the nature of living in a country where the wealthy have more privileges than those who work to the point of burn-out, at a minimum wage pay, only to still not be able to enjoy time away from work.

Another suggestion I have is to talk to your friends and family. You may rarely ever get to see them or talk to them; but we have the technology available to us today that we can still maintain contact. You can text, use social media, or email them. Let them know that you're having a difficult time and are feeling the burn-out of working too much. I imagine they'll say they can see it too, and they might even offer their own advice for you.

Sending kind thoughts your way, really do take care of yourself.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Slowly sinking. - August 29th 2022, 04:34 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you have taken on too much. Remember that "no" is a complete sentence if you do want to set boundaries. You don't have to explain the reasons why you can't take on too much or make excuses, but simply say that no, you can't do that at this time. It may be something you start practicing. You don't have to say no to every single thing right away, but start slowly backing off from some of the things you'd normally commit to that you don't actually have time for.

I like the suggestion above about talking to your friends and family via text, social media, etc, until you are able to see them. At least that way you are able to keep up with what is going on in their lives. Just let them know you may not be able to reply to the conversation right away, but at least you'll be able to catch up!

I know you can get through this!

Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Slowly sinking. - September 3rd 2022, 04:41 AM

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate it.

It is expensive where I am due to living in the most priciest city in the nation. I hoped to get a job where I can live comfortably but unfortunately one can only dream.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,154, Level: 47 Points: 109,154, Level: 47 Points: 109,154, Level: 47

Re: Slowly sinking. - September 3rd 2022, 12:48 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry about this and I hope that you will be okay soon and you are able to find a job that you truly enjoy having so that you are able to spend time with your family, friends and for yourself. I hope the perfect job opens up for you soon, so that you are not feeling like this anymore. At night, try to take five minutes to read for a few and drink some tea to help you relax some. I hope everything will be okay soon for you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Slowly sinking. - September 8th 2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry about this and I hope that you will be okay soon and you are able to find a job that you truly enjoy having so that you are able to spend time with your family, friends and for yourself. I hope the perfect job opens up for you soon, so that you are not feeling like this anymore. At night, try to take five minutes to read for a few and drink some tea to help you relax some. I hope everything will be okay soon for you.
Thank you for your reply. I certainly make time in the evenings for myself now.

Closed Thread