TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

No motivation. - October 24th 2022, 10:52 AM

I've got no motivation to do anything. I keep seeing this thing on my Facebook feed, one of those "suggested for you" thing, and it only serves to remind me of how much I wish I could go back to 2017. In 2017, I did not dream of a pandemic or having that be the perfect excuse to get laid off. In 2017, the world was scary with Trump being president and my niece having cancer; but yet it still felt very much different. I still had dreams and ambitions them; I was excited to do things and get things done.

But now I have no motivation to do anything. I'm still searching for a job — even though I've had a job for several months now — and nothing shows up that I am qualified for. Most of the time, they either require a driver's license, a college degree, full time; and neither of which I have or am able to do. I've started to see a new therapist a month and half ago; but I find her to be incredibly unhelpful. She's focusing on the one thing that I have already dealt with and it's bringing me down.

I can't help but wonder if I'm not worth anything, if I shouldn't bother trying to reignite my dreams and ambition. I can't help but wonder if I'm meant to be a fragile broken snowflake with unresolved traumas inflicted upon me both long ago and in recent times.

I hate feeling this way.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,365, Level: 46 Points: 107,365, Level: 46 Points: 107,365, Level: 46

Re: No motivation. - October 25th 2022, 06:17 PM

Hi,

I am sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I hope that you will be okay soon.

It is alright to think about the past and wish we could still be doing what we used to be doing before everything changed for us. When something changes for the good, not so good and it's okay, this can be hard to deal with. Sometimes we have to go through this and see how it goes and what is going to happen. It would be amazing if we could see the good, the not so good and the okay of things that are going to happen, it would be helpful because we know when they are coming and it would be a lot easier for us to deal with them. You said that you do not have a lot of motivation, when you are feeling like this, would you be able to think of things that you need to get done and try doing one or two of them and then if you need to take a break from this you can and then try again. When we feel like this, try to make a list of everything that you need to get done and look at what is going to get done the fastest and try to do them first and when you are done after look at what you have finished and keep thinking in your head that you can do this and what a great job you are doing. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: No motivation. - February 25th 2023, 05:32 AM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I'm the same. There are some days that I have so much motivation and others, I struggle to get out of bed. The only thing that motivates me is my routine and my long term goals that make me progress with the day.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: No motivation. - February 26th 2023, 08:33 PM

Closed upon OP’s request.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread