TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Games and Things Here you can find popular chit-chat threads like games and surveys.

Note: Posts made in this forum don't contribute towards your post count.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
  (#9081 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 27th 2017, 06:42 PM

I'm depressed.
  (#9082 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 27th 2017, 10:31 PM

I love watching you trying to defend the indefensible. Just because we disagree doesn't mean either of us are wrong, but any "problems" you're claiming are already happening, but this is suddenly an issue?! I don't think so. Discrimination at it's best, that's what this really is.

How passive aggressive of you. I still come out on top.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; July 28th 2017 at 01:24 AM.
  (#9083 (permalink)) Old

Jeez, get a life!

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 28th 2017, 11:54 PM

I'm depressed and broken!!!!
  (#9084 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 29th 2017, 03:20 PM

I love you. I guess I sorta always knew I did. I was just heart broken by the way you treated me, and while I wished you'd change, I know you won't. While I'm not willing to let you back in my life, I just want you to know that you're forgiven. I don't wish you any ill-will, and I truly hope that life is going well for you.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#9085 (permalink)) Old

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 29th 2017, 03:25 PM

I don't know how much more I can take. It hurts so much.
  (#9086 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 29th 2017, 06:21 PM

I will never take responsibility for the way you treated me. YOU are responsible for the way you treat others, period. Blame the victim all you want, it doesn't change the truth.

I feel like a completely different person. I may not know who I am, but I know who I'm not and I know what I am and am not willing to tolerate. I'm okay not being part of a profession that can treat peope that way and get away with it, even if their original intent was noble. I may not know what I want anymore, but I know what I don't want and there are compromises I'm not willing to make. I'm sorry that I made you decide that I wasn't good enough for you. I should've realized that you weren't good enough for me.

Last edited by Kate*; July 30th 2017 at 08:32 AM.
  (#9087 (permalink)) Old
organizedchaos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 29th 2017, 09:54 PM

You all hurt me so much. Every day you put me down and made me feel like absolute shit. You pretended to care, and even convinced me to open up to you. Once I did though you didn't care and just hurt me even more. Now I've gotten you all out of my life and am the happiest I've been in years! Even though you put me through hell I'm grateful because those shitty relationships showed me how strong I am and that I deserve better people in my life, and that they're really out there. Thanks for being such assholes, if you hadn't been so very shitty I might still be hanging on to your bullshit.
  (#9088 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 30th 2017, 02:33 AM

I'm sorry, but when I've waited over a month, and 4 days becomes 14, I nag!

(#9089 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,933, Level: 9 Points: 3,933, Level: 9 Points: 3,933, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 30th 2017, 06:26 AM

I remember when I was a simple being and you treated me with such affection that I never saw anything wrong, but with how frustrated I felt. I blamed myself as much as you both did, when in reality, it was the wrong way around. As a child that you ignorantly misinterpreted for scapegoat, at the mercy of your hypocritical criticisms, I felt resentment and contemplated homicide and suicide for many years. Perhaps it wasn't entirely your fault due to your own childhoods being abusive and my serious lack of a father. However, this doesn't change what has happened.

I sometimes criticised myself for not running away as a kid, because at least as a kid, people are softer towards you. Still, I know none of that ever mattered now. You chose physical affection over getting to know the mind of the one you raised and that was your loss. I will care for you, but no more or less than in a material fashion as you did and still do for me. I will allow only those who love all of me the capability to walk through my mind and let them see the wonders I do in this world.

Negative emotions aren't always a bad thing and you should feel bad for imposing such thoughts. I am allowed to express myself the way I want to without having to feel bad about it, as it wouldn't hurt anyone nearly as much as you hurt me. This is not pessimistic, this is healthy and you will learn to accept it one way or another. Through me, or through someone else, you have as much to learn as I do. Perhaps more in the way of filling another's emotional needs rather than remaining so uncaring and manipulative.

This is only in the future, however. A future with those I can trust my emotions with, when I temporarily visit you out of courtesy. I will feel no more or less proud than I do already and I do not care what you think, for you never gave me such privilege. The highway is no better or worse than your way and you would be wise to realise that. You aren't all bad. Neither am I. My place isn't something you can determine for me in this world. You only impose on yourself, in that way.

There is so little we can do to control what happens, but in the few moments we perceive that we are in control, it would be better to be kind. As everything goes in circles and will return your own actions to you.

I am seeing this now in your relationships. Except, it seems a little more brutal in that they don't put the effort in at all. Kind of like me. It is a problem when it comes to newer generations. Still, I don't see any kind of motivation happening to make people work any harder than they already do. People like us know that it's physically impossible now. This isn't the 1960's anymore.

This is 2017, where there is nothing but social changes, making choices and trying to find order between what is false and what is real. We experience mind games the likes of which you've never seen. I had to juggle the meaning of reality and fantasy all by myself as a child and I never got sucked into commercials or lies in the way other kids did, simply because I was smart. I achieved that all by myself at the age of 6-9, which is a huge burden in a world now dealing with conflicts over such abstract concepts.

So excuse me for simply wanting to cry or let you know that I may or may not have health problems due to having to prolong my lack of treatment for psychological issues. I understand you are in that profession, which is all the more reason I want to keep my head out of your hands. I am not interested in being controlled or twisted into something of your liking. Telling me I need certain things instead as excuses, when it's really just a decoy so that you don't have to focus on what you did wrong. It's so disappointing.

You really don't know me at all.

I am way too smart for that.

Such lies that you bash me for only make me want to remain even more distant from you.

Good day, my dear, sweet family. May you enjoy the fruits of your labour.
  (#9090 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,933, Level: 9 Points: 3,933, Level: 9 Points: 3,933, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 30th 2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate* View Post
I wonder a lot if I had tolerated your abuse like she did, if I would've gotten special opportunities and graduated like she did. Maybe I should've put up with it, but I must have some amount of self-respect left if I was unwilling to. What you do isn't okay, and convincing people that tolerating it makes them "professional" and exactly what you want them to be is damaging. I didn't make "excuses" or "refuse to accept responsibility", I stood up for myself and refused to tolerate abuse. Maybe I'm not the only one who shouldn't be licensed if you can get away with doing this.

Yes, you're human, but you absolutely knew better. Maybe I didn't fit, but if that's how you want to justify it, then you're the one making excuses. There's a HUGE difference between feedback and what you tried to pass off as feedback. Changing what you call something doesn't change what it is and the truth always has a way of coming out.
I seriously relate to the whole 'not taking responsibility' thing though. As if they know what that means with they way they treat those they don't deem 'good enough'.

My mum says she's tired of arguing with me, but I don't believe that for a second. I think she enjoys it, because she gets to vent and I get to have to stand there and take it or face the consequences later if I'm too tired to give a ****. As if her broken record player during the years of the younger me didn't teach her that lecturing others doesn't produce any results.

It's funny, she says my methods of showing her my frustrations are insane because it never solves anything and only ever produces the same result, yet that's exactly what she does and chooses to think and act about me. I don't even want to have any special connection to happen between us. I just want her to leave me the **** be so I can go to somewhere different and find people who will satisfy the needs she couldn't.
  (#9091 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 30th 2017, 10:33 PM

I'm so glad I got to spend time with you. I've missed our girls days out, and I'm so glad we've gotten back to it.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#9092 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,670, Level: 46 Points: 106,670, Level: 46 Points: 106,670, Level: 46

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 31st 2017, 01:36 AM

The funny thing is, I was actually on your side this time. I really wanted to believe that you would be true to your word. I'm disappointed by the way you're handling this and I don't know whether it's worth fighting to save whatever relationship we had, or could have had. I just wish something could be easy for once but, like everything else in my life, this has become a huge mess.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#9093 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 31st 2017, 03:05 AM

You are toxic. There are reasons I blocked you. I only hope everyone else is smarter than I was and leaves you before you destroy them, too.
  (#9094 (permalink)) Old
London_grace Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Name: London

Points: 9,243, Level: 14 Points: 9,243, Level: 14 Points: 9,243, Level: 14

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 1st 2017, 02:53 AM

I pretend to eat all of my food. But I really throw it in the trash.
  (#9095 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 2nd 2017, 02:58 AM

I emailed you, so you technically know and yes I have a life so I can't meet with you beforehand, because I don't want to.

It's hilarious to me that, after everything that's happened, you post that and think it's a defense.

I don't want to do this.

Last edited by Kate*; August 3rd 2017 at 02:21 AM.
  (#9096 (permalink)) Old
London_grace Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 2nd 2017, 03:36 AM

I have a problem.
  (#9097 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 2nd 2017, 06:43 PM

I love you, and I'm so glad you're a part of my life. You're great.

(#9098 (permalink)) Old

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 3rd 2017, 01:47 AM

I'm depressed and I can't tell you.
  (#9099 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 3rd 2017, 04:13 PM

I'm so blessed to have you in my life. I know you are having a rough time right now, but know that you are loved and that God has a plan for you as well, and he will bless you even though the hard times.

(#9100 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 3rd 2017, 05:22 PM

I'm so sorry, M. You apologised to me, but there was nothing to apologise for. You were the first person ever to tell me you liked me, and I couldn't tell you anything except for what I did. But now I only want you to find someone more suitable for you. And be happy.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#9101 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 4th 2017, 03:29 PM

I love you, but I wish you would spend more time with us, and that you were willing to do things that we like to do as well. You always seem to just wanna spend time doing things that you wanna do and that's all, and it makes me sad.

(#9102 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 4th 2017, 04:20 PM

Why do you treat me so differently? It really hurts. I want to be honest with you but I'm scared that will make things worse not better.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#9103 (permalink)) Old
London_grace Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 4th 2017, 06:47 PM

I have a problem with food and I don't know what to do about this.
  (#9104 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 6th 2017, 07:26 AM

You realize that I actually agree with you and was making your point don't you?! Just because I chose to point it out in a specific context based on my personal experience doesn't mean I was "wrong" or "victim blaming" the rest of humanity. It's actually the complete opposite. I'm also using a topic-limited platform. If and when you want to address this issue in a broader context, feel free to find a way to publish your own work instead of picking mine apart for saying something it actually doesn't. And I think you mean the second paragraph. If you're going to nitpick and be self-righteous about it, at least articulate your petty judgments correctly.

Last edited by Kate*; August 6th 2017 at 10:09 PM.
  (#9105 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 6th 2017, 07:46 PM

Dear R.

I know that I've already brought up with you the issue of text messaging and the fact that it bothers me that you tend not to respond to my messages, and I know that messaging just tends to be awkward for you and that you say you never know how to respond so you just end up giving up, and I understand to some extent where you're coming from... but I think we need to talk about this again.

See, when I last brought it up I downplayed it a lot and spoke about it on a very light note because I didn't want to seem accusatory or dramatic or over-demanding; I just wanted to talk about it in a very gentle, non-judgemental way. You explained to me why you do this and it was very reassuring to hear you acknowledge that you do this, but apparently you aren't making any more efforts. Now you're overseas in England so we can no longer phone each other (which is your prefered way to communicate), and when we last spoke you specifically said that we would stay in touch over facebook, even when I teasingly said "yeah right".

Honestly? I'm sitting in front of my phone right now and after seeing that you read my facebook message from three days ago over an hour ago and that you haven't responded, it's literally making me feel light-headed, tearful and almost nauseous. I know that this is super extreme and I don't know how I would respond to this information if I were in your position, but I deeply, deeply need you to take this seriously, because even though I know logically that my brain is over-dramatising the situation, it doesn't stop me from feeling the way I do, no matter how much sense I try to talk into myself and no matter how many excuses I make for you.

When you don't respond to my messages, it makes me feel as if you're not bothered to be in communication with me and therefore that you're not bothered to feel "together" with me. This is because when I send you a message telling you about something funny or shocking that happened to me today or asking how your holidays are going, it really hasn't got much to do with the content and subject of my message because it's really just a pretext to communicate with you about something, anything. Think of it as me inviting you to make a connection with me; when you see and don't respond to my message, it's as if you've seen my hand stretched out to you and you decide not to take it. That's how it feels. Like indifference, or even rejection.

I feel hurt that despite me bringing it up and making it clear to you that your not-responding affects me at least somewhat negatively (though I admit i didn't specify to what extent), you continue to not answer my messages.

It's very hard for me to bring this up and insist that you take this seriously because it's seemingly such a small thing, but I hope that if or when I do you will be considerate and attentive. Honestly I don't know what to feel.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
  (#9106 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 6th 2017, 11:52 PM

Can you please tell me what the hell is going on?! I start in less than a week and know literally NOTHING. Unless you want to be badgered, you need to inform me sooner rather than later what I need to do and when.

(#9107 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount42

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 6th 2017, 11:57 PM

Dear Dad,
Stop emotionally abusing me. You dont deserve my respect anymore. You contribute to my self harm and then you act so innocent and loving. Just stop.

Dear Mom,
Stop watching as Im being hurt emotionally and stop calling me a bitch. Im not a bitch, I just have my own opinions.

Dear friend,(JO)
I wish you knew how much you mean to me. Thanks for everything.

Dear friend, (GV)
I wish you weren't so sheltered. Take my problems seriously. Stop telling me kids dont feel real pain and stop telling me to just stop cutting.

Dear Sis,
Im sorry I lie about how I am. Im depressed as shit and anxious af. I self harm everyday. Im sorry.
  (#9108 (permalink)) Old

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 7th 2017, 03:09 AM

I can't handle anymore terrible things. It breaks me down!!! Good bye Turbo!!!! You will be missed, you were an amazing police officer Dog! Hugs and kisses to you!!!!!
  (#9109 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 8th 2017, 04:10 AM

I burned three times as many calories as I consumed today, but I still feel the need to work out. My stomach is rumbling, but I'm not going to feed it. If I eat anything, I'll eat everything. The number on the scale already increased today, I don't need to eat anything else. Ever.
  (#9110 (permalink)) Old
London_grace Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 8th 2017, 04:18 AM

I'm not sure how to tell you that I have a real problem with food. I need help with this and I don't know what to do. How do I tell you this?
  (#9111 (permalink)) Old
oddity Offline
A bunch of kids sharing a bod
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Team Oddity

Points: 3,860, Level: 9 Points: 3,860, Level: 9 Points: 3,860, Level: 9

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 8th 2017, 07:33 PM

I wish you would listen to me.

-Rex

Team Oddity
Those who use this:
Rex, Remy, Goat, Cally, Buggo
Click for all of us and Click for information about systems
  (#9112 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 10th 2017, 04:04 PM

I love you, but I wish you could see what the rest of us could see. It would make things a bit easier, and would more than likely allow you to relax a bit more and stop being so stressed out all the time.

(#9113 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 11th 2017, 03:19 AM

I'm usually the first to give benefit of the doubt and last to suggest someone is faking, but I really struggle to believe you really have 16 (some of them life-threatening) chronic things wrong with you, and still find time to make daily videos and maintain a marriage.

I see you're no longer teaching gym. That's what you get for sexually harassing female students for years, and then claiming, once reported that it was no big deal and you didn't deserve to be punished.

Thank God I won't be making more, if I was, I'd risk losing Medicaid and I'm not prepared to have it ripped out from under me.

Last edited by Kate*; August 11th 2017 at 07:12 AM.
  (#9114 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 11th 2017, 04:28 AM

I wish you would seem more concerned about the weight that I've lost, because you not saying anything makes me feel as if you don't care. I know that's not true, but it's how I feel, so it's valid. I lost a significant amount of weight in a short period of time, and you know I struggle with an eating disorder and all I want you to do is ask me if I'm okay.

I walked by a mirror and I saw my ribs through my shirt. Please say something because I'm beginning to scare myself.
  (#9115 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 11th 2017, 06:17 AM

Idk if this is working. I feel list and disconnected.
  (#9116 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 11th 2017, 04:05 PM

I love you, and I hope you are doing well. I know we don't get to talk as much as I'd like, but I want you to know you're still the best mom a girl could ask for. <3

(#9117 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 12th 2017, 01:49 PM

You really bug me. Grow up and get over yourself.
  (#9118 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 12th 2017, 04:16 PM

I love you, but I wish you were more willing to come to my house and see us. We aren't always going to have a way to get to your place.

(#9119 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 12th 2017, 05:18 PM

This is exactly why we didn't let our cats outside!

(#9120 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 12th 2017, 08:29 PM

I can't just change plans when it involves eating. I planned what I'm eating and when I'm eating today, I can't change it now. I'm sorry.