TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Hamas - October 15th 2023, 01:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It simply is terrible what is happening right now. Between Russia vs Ukraine and Hamas vs Israel, I don't know what the world is coming to.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Hamas - October 15th 2023, 04:26 AM

I honestly wish I knew more of what’s going on but I know there are lots of atrocities being committed right now and it’s so awful.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29

Re: Hamas - October 15th 2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn. View Post
It simply is terrible what is happening right now. Between Russia vs Ukraine and Hamas vs Israel, I don't know what the world is coming to.
I hope this doesn't lead to another world war!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Hamas - October 16th 2023, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
I hope this doesn't lead to another world war!
Me too! I wish thinking the same thing not long ago.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: Hamas - October 21st 2023, 08:39 PM

From what I've understood of it - Hamas - attacked Israel or did something to /in Israel causing Israel to then respond like it has. However that being said - what Israel is currently doing is coming under genocide and it is now a war between Israel and Palestine/gaza. Israel is committing war crimes by attacking hospitals etc, neither country is in the right, its awful what's going on.

I have seen a couple of people post in this thread about the situation with Israel and gaza/palestine potentially triggering a world war.. I highly doubt this will trigger a world war, given neither country is a NATO country and from what I understand - a world war is only triggered when a NATO country is attacked and threatened causing the other NATO countries to become involved , thus triggering a world war. All the NATO countries can do is supply weaponry, ships and fleets, and air planes, but we cannot get involved.

Yes it does increase the risk of terror attacks etc in countries. But it is very unlikely to trigger a world war.

The situations are worrying, Ukraine and Russia is worrying Israel and Palestine is worrying. But these are wars between countries not the world. The war in Ukraine has been going on for nearly two years now.

Palestine and Israel have not got along for years. as worrying as it is, they have been at war before and a world war was not triggered by it.

As to what to do about the situation in general is a tricky one. maybe one day all wars will end and everyone can just get along.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Hamas - October 22nd 2023, 01:05 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]battles between humans have existed since prehistoric times. this is nothing new. palestine is not at fault here, it's the hamas. but israel isn't any better either. like the previous poster said, there won't be a world war 3. unless the hamas, israel, or russia start attacking neutral countries out of nowhere but that's not gonna happen.

it's silly how some of y'all are over reacting to this. please educate yourself. learn about the back story of the conflict between israel and palestine, ukraine and russia.[/size][/color][/font]