TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  (#401 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 23rd 2013, 06:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
That doesn't mean anything. He didn't save anybody.
I bet the family feels differently. You know how comforting having someone else there can be to help calm you?
  (#402 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Points: 15,021, Level: 17 Points: 15,021, Level: 17 Points: 15,021, Level: 17

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 25th 2013, 08:01 AM

So comforting they couldn't give George good praise and come on television like they promised. They got cold feet. Seems kinda suspect if you ask me.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.
  (#403 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 25th 2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
So comforting they couldn't give George good praise and come on television like they promised. They got cold feet. Seems kinda suspect if you ask me.
They're probably afraid of the hordes of people mad about the verdict, who've been rioting, attacking innocent bystanders, and sending death threats everywhere. Seems kinda reasonable if you ask me, not wanting to be the target of a group of violent racists.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#404 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 28th 2013, 05:12 AM

Oh please.

They are not our target.

^_^.

(#405 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 28th 2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Oh please.

They are not our target.

^_^.
Targets? Seriously?

Also, his parents were apparently targets then.
  (#406 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 28th 2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasa View Post
Targets? Seriously?

Also, his parents were apparently targets then.
Also, you can't forget the people attempting to call Zimmerman and saying death threats but unfortunately calling the wrong phone number.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3660213.html
  (#407 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 28th 2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Oh please.

They are not our target.

^_^.
Their fault for being in the way of the lynch mob, right?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#408 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 06:28 AM

I'm just saying, they have nothing to do with the case and you are assuming that we black people are gonna lynch every single person associated with George Zimmerman.

(#409 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying, they have nothing to do with the case and you are assuming that we black people are gonna lynch every single person associated with George Zimmerman.
No apparently you are just going to lynch George Zimmerman, so that makes it ok. Seriously people have gotten off on actual cold blooded murder and people weren't this upset. Where were the lynch mobs when OJ got off for butchering his wife, or heck even Casey Anthony for killing her toddler? But no the half white guy kills the black teenager in a fight and that's worse than all that. The, yes very tragic death, of a black teenager who was beating up the guy who shot him at the time is so much more worthy of our concern than the death of a little girl who didn't even get a chance at life, and two adults who were butchered. But wait those cases were white on white and black on black crime so they can't nearly be as important right? Because whenever the races of the people involved aren't the same then it's a race issue and that trumps all, oh wait that's not quite correct it's only a race issue if the white person is the aggressor.

This was NOT an issue of race. The actual event was NOT an issue of race, the media made it into one. It's like that Fox interview that's floating around right now of that idiot woman asking the guy who has a PHD in religious studies and happens to be Muslim, why he would right a book on Jesus. Never mind that his wife is Christian, and oh yeah Jesus doesn't just belong to the Christians, or that to get his degree he had to do intense studies on the historical facts of Jesus. Nope because he happens to be Muslim, not only must his book have an agenda but he shouldn't even be able to write about Jesus at all. Once again the media creating an issue where there is none. That's not a religious issue, and this case wasn't a race one until someone else decided it was.

And before I get attacked I'd like to reiterate that I was very surprised he got off. I truly expected him to be convicted of manslaughter, because whether he was getting beat up or not I do believe his actions directly contributed to the start of the aggression, no matter who threw the first punch. But obviously the prosecution didn't do their job, because just like with Casey Anthony they let the media and public opinion make their case, instead of focusing on the charge that was actually more probable, they went for the one impossible to prove.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#410 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 01:12 PM

1.This case is all about race. He was profiled because of his clothing which is associated with hoodlums which the majority of the time are black. Race issue.

2.I don't want to lynch anybody. I just think the people who do want to lynch, are only after George Zimmerman and not some family who he allegedly saved. If that's even what happened because we can't get the full story since both sides are scared to show their faces.

3.I can't control the media. The media and the Illuminati picks and chooses what to spotlight and this is for any apparent reason the case they decided to go with.

All I can say is OJ is paying the price for what he did. I think he was guilty because of the car chase. He is in prison as we speak.

4.Second degree murder was right in some regards. Manslaughter was right in all regards. Prosecution only messed up on the witnesses. They called too many people who kept kissing George Zimmermans ass. Defense also made fools of the people who were supporting the prosecution. The defense attorneys were also stuck up assholes that were hired due to Zimmermans support group.

5.Stick with your opinion. If you are pissed that he was acquitted, stop giving Zimmerman praise and vise versa.

(#411 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
1.This case is all about race. He was profiled because of his clothing which is associated with hoodlums which the majority of the time are black. Race issue.

2.I don't want to lynch anybody. I just think the people who do want to lynch, are only after George Zimmerman and not some family who he allegedly saved. If that's even what happened because we can't get the full story since both sides are scared to show their faces.

3.I can't control the media. The media and the Illuminati picks and chooses what to spotlight and this is for any apparent reason the case they decided to go with.

All I can say is OJ is paying the price for what he did. I think he was guilty because of the car chase. He is in prison as we speak.

4.Second degree murder was right in some regards. Manslaughter was right in all regards. Prosecution only messed up on the witnesses. They called too many people who kept kissing George Zimmermans ass. Defense also made fools of the people who were supporting the prosecution. The defense attorneys were also stuck up assholes that were hired due to Zimmermans support group.

5.Stick with your opinion. If you are pissed that he was acquitted, stop giving Zimmerman praise and vise versa.
1. He was profiled because what he was wearing matched the description of someone who was breaking into houses in the neighborhood, not because of his skin color. His skin color wasn't even a factor until the 9/11 operator asked Zimmerman about it over the phone, and Zimmerman wasn't even sure if he was black or not. You're injecting your own presumptions about the matter and treating it as fact, which you need to stop doing because even the FBI says there's no god damned evidence that there was racial profiling going on.

So unless you can present hard empirical evidence that says otherwise, you might want to stop bringing it up, because it's going nowhere and it's just aggravating to have to address every damn time.

Quote:
I don't want to lynch anybody.
Oh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
They are not our target. ^_^
Maybe you should stop being an enabler then.

3. You can actually, by not buying into the bullshit they put forth and think for yourself. That means doing your own research, and not basing your position on the matter on whatever MSNBC spoon fed you about the case. They're meeting a demand for a certain bias, and they're selling a product to meet that demand. Stop demanding the bias.

4. So what you're saying is, the evidence presented couldn't convince a jury of his peers that he did anything other than act in self defense out of a reasonable fear for his life? It's the prosecutions job to make that case, they couldn't, that doesn't make the defense bad people for ensuring Zimmerman was fairly represented and defended. Especially since they weren't the ones violating Zimmerman's 5th amendment rights by withholding evidence. This doesn't change because your cognitive dissonance still has you angry over the verdict.

5. It's one thing if someone is making false assertations about what happened with the case, but you can't tell other people how to voice their opinions on the matter. This is not an "us v them" situation, they have freedom of speech, same as you.

I expect more out you Maverick, you're too smart to put yourself down to this level of bitter infighting and misinformation.

(#412 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 08:56 PM

People shocked as police in Florida shoot black man for co-operating. http://www.blackyouthproject.com/201...his-own-house/

But he probably matched the description of a black thug in the area so who gives a shit, right?

(#413 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
People shocked as police in Florida shoot black man for co-operating. http://www.blackyouthproject.com/201...his-own-house/

But he probably matched the description of a black thug in the area so who gives a shit, right?
Yeah because Trayvon Martin wasn't doing anything wrong when he was shot, he wasn't beating the crap out of Zimmerman (whether he deserved it or not). He was just a little innocent child who just wanted to go home. Oh wait...

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
  (#414 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 29th 2013, 11:46 PM

More like how the state of Florida has a problem with racism in general, and that even if by some miracle Zimmerman is entirely innocent (which I don't believe for a second), we can at least say that this story has opened the eyes of loads of people to how racism exists in the world today.

(#415 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 30th 2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
More like how the state of Florida has a problem with racism in general, and that even if by some miracle Zimmerman is entirely innocent (which I don't believe for a second), we can at least say that this story has opened the eyes of loads of people to how racism exists in the world today.
That's true. But you could also say that the media is directly responsible for racism still existing, but finding it in places where it isn't.

(#416 (permalink)) Old
cherrypie36 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: meris

Points: 10,166, Level: 14 Points: 10,166, Level: 14 Points: 10,166, Level: 14

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 1st 2013, 04:07 PM

he was pulled over in texas for speeding and got off with a warning? Most people i know would get fine and it's funny what he said to cop. asks the officer if he noticed the name of the driver's license.

like what does that even mean?

stupid. I don't care about the gun, i would too if i were him but the other stuff is kind of stupid
  (#417 (permalink)) Old
Fricks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,716, Level: 12 Points: 6,716, Level: 12 Points: 6,716, Level: 12

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 1st 2013, 06:23 PM

So much hate in this thread. In my opinion, the media tried way to hard to make George Zimmermen look like a racist. They also made Trayvon sound like a rolemodel for children everywhere. I mean even the pictures they used he was waaay younger then he was when it happened. If Zimmermen is racist nobody can say for sure, except for Zimmermen. I honestly do not think he planned on killing Trayvon that night, it just doesn't make any sense. Why would somebody who knows the cops are on their way at that very moment risk possibly getting caught in the act? Especially surrounded by houses while he OR Trayvon were screaming for help. All sounds too stupid to me. Not that it isn't a tragic thing for a 17 year old to be shot dead on his way home.
  (#418 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 2nd 2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie36 View Post
he was pulled over in texas for speeding and got off with a warning? Most people i know would get fine and it's funny what he said to cop. asks the officer if he noticed the name of the driver's license.

like what does that even mean?

stupid. I don't care about the gun, i would too if i were him but the other stuff is kind of stupid
Actually, most people get off with a warning depending on how you act towards the LEO. If you act like a general scum bag and give the LEO attitude, then 100% of the time, you're getting a ticket. If a Person treats the LEO with mutual respect, doesn't act like a scumbag, etc. If the Person doesn't have any or a lot of priors, then they'll let them off with a warning. And why did he ask? Because of the Media attention this case was given, he has been getting his "15 min of fame" for being the major thing on the major networks for the past year.

(#419 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 2nd 2013, 10:32 AM

Hypocrite ass cop. Letting him off then somehow leaking the Dash Cam footage.

Makes you think doesn't it?

(#420 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 2nd 2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:

So you're not mad about the Department of Justice interfering with state jurisdiction by spending thosuands of tax payer dollars on political rallies to pressure Florida officials to violate Zimmerman's due process rights; or about the fact that the Prosecution withheld evidence in the trial from the defense until the lasts second to try and make them trip up; or about the fact that MSNBC purposefully mislabeled Zimmerman as a white male, after doctoring his 9/11 call to make him sound racist; or about the fact that ABC edited an interview with one of the jurors to make it sound like she thought Zimmerman got away with murder.

So you've got the DOJ, the Florida DA, MSNBC, and ABC, all plotting and slandering and scheming together to try and fuck Zimmerman out of a fair trial, and to make him look like the next OJ or Casey Anthony, but a cop lets an acquitted man, who was breaking no laws, go with a warning, and NOW you want to break out the tin foil and start passing hats around?

If the dash cam footage isn't being used as evidence in an official criminal proceeding, or isn't ruled sensitive by a judge, there's aboslutley nothing strange about it being "leaked". There's dash cam footage all over Cops, and World's Scariest Police Chases, and the nightly news, and Youtube, and Liveleak, and all sorts of other media outlets.

You and I both know that this whole fucking situation is a farce, but looking at the wrong people and asking the wrong questions because you didn't get the verdict you wanted, and being hungry for a scandal so you can satiate your bias, is a complete mockery of any and all academic discussion.

(#421 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 2nd 2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
So you're not mad about the Department of Justice interfering with state jurisdiction by spending thosuands of tax payer dollars on political rallies to pressure Florida officials to violate Zimmerman's due process rights
Not going to quibble with the other examples you mentioned, but this is just plain wrong. A glance at the article you link to makes that clear. The CRS, funded by the DoJ, is stated as being a peacemaker-esque body designed to prevent tensions flaring up - that remit (and the very low figures quoted - a grand total of $5320.88 over six nights) does not point to "spending thousands of tax payer dollars on political rallies to pressure Florida officials to violate Zimmerman's due process rights". It points to the CRS sending people to said rallies to try and stop the sh*t hitting the fan, and the descriptions accompanying each event point to that. Claiming what you have done above is, with all due respect, basest sensationalism...

...which brings me on to a wider point about this whole topic - namely, that with a few notable exceptions this has become even more sensationalised than was already the case. A bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss from all sides, really - yes, potentially a guilty man walked free. But that's how the justice system works; if you don't put a strong enough case forward, the jury won't convict. It's a safeguard against injustice - a blunt instrument, to be sure, but better than locking up innocent people. For those seeking further action, the DoJ review will determine whether anything more is required. In the meantime, besmirching the characters of all persons involved (including the deceased) does nothing for anyone.

That's my two cents, and my final comment on this until the DoJ decides what it's going to do.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#422 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 2nd 2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
Claiming what you have done above is, with all due respect, basest sensationalism...
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...rtin-protests/

Quote:
March 25 – 27, 2012, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, FL, to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

March 25 – 28, 2012, CRS spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.

*March 30 – April 12012, CRS spent $892.55 in Sanford, FL “to provide support for protest deployment in Florida.” (*=Correction to bulleted point number three: “to provide interregional support for protest deployment in Florida.” Correction required due to unintentional copywriting error.

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent an additional $751.60 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.”

April 3 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $1,307.40 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance, conciliation, and onsite mediation during demonstrations planned in Sanford.”

April 11 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $552.35 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance for the preparation of possible marches and rallies related to the fatal shooting of a 17 year old African American male.”
They'll spend over five grand before the trial on working with people rallying to try and influence Zimmerman's proceedings, but after they wont lift a fucking finger when it came to the riots and violent attacks on bystanders by people seeking "justice". If their job is to "keep the peace" involving political rallies and such, then they've done a piss poor job.

The political stain in this situation is pretty fucking apparent. Five thousand dollars, minus whatever was spent in salary, spent supporting public pressure on Florida State officials to put Zimmerman away, zero dollars spent on ensuring Zimmerman was, oh I don't know, not slandered in the media, or sent death threats, or at the very least; not coming dangerously close to stepping all over Double Jeopardy by seizing Zimmerman's firearm without cause, before opening a separate federal inquiry on a crime outside of Federal jurisdiction. They haven't actually charged him with anything, because they don't have any evidence, but apparently the Federal government can now seize your private property if they "suspect" you did something with it.

This is scary shit, that goes way beyond a street scuffle. This is a serious overstepping of bounds and abuse of a system that is meant to protect people's rights, not just people the government finds it advantageous to throw their support behind.

(#423 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 3rd 2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:

Only thing thing it makes me think about is that you seem to think everyone has it out for you, and everyone has to be either a hypocrite, racist, etc.

A, LEO gives a ticket to someone. They're a "Hypocrite ass Cop"

A, LEO gives a warning, not targeting Zimmermen or anything just doing his job, just like any other LEO, and he's a "Hypocrite ass cop".

(#424 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 3rd 2013, 08:04 AM

I'm just saying, look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbgFC4HxU0

That driver is caught speeding and is given a ticket, and is also being taped without his consent.

George Zimmerman was caught speeding and was given a warning by the job in a somewhat nice gesture.

He then becomes a hypocrite and leaks the dash cam video to the masses which not only reveals the area he might still be residing in, it also shows his vehicle which is not good if he is supposedly trying to go into hiding.

Second of all, I don't think anyone is against me.

I'm not racist. I may be prejudiced but don't you dare think that I call the race card every five seconds.

Being black, I was raised as a baby by a white family and I didn't know my birth parents until after I graduated from High School so don't think I haven't been on the other side of the grass, because I have.

(#425 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 3rd 2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...rtin-protests/

They'll spend over five grand before the trial on working with people rallying to try and influence Zimmerman's proceedings, but after they wont lift a fucking finger when it came to the riots and violent attacks on bystanders by people seeking "justice". If their job is to "keep the peace" involving political rallies and such, then they've done a piss poor job.

The political stain in this situation is pretty fucking apparent. Five thousand dollars, minus whatever was spent in salary, spent supporting public pressure on Florida State officials to put Zimmerman away, zero dollars spent on ensuring Zimmerman was, oh I don't know, not slandered in the media, or sent death threats, or at the very least; not coming dangerously close to stepping all over Double Jeopardy by seizing Zimmerman's firearm without cause, before opening a separate federal inquiry on a crime outside of Federal jurisdiction. They haven't actually charged him with anything, because they don't have any evidence, but apparently the Federal government can now seize your private property if they "suspect" you did something with it.

This is scary shit, that goes way beyond a street scuffle. This is a serious overstepping of bounds and abuse of a system that is meant to protect people's rights, not just people the government finds it advantageous to throw their support behind.
I have read that link, thank you very much - unlike yourself, however, I have actually given consideration to what those phrases actually mean rather than jumping on one word or one phrase out of context. "Working" a march/demonstration/protest means you have people deployed there doing their job (i.e. stopping things getting out of hand), and "protest deployment" is likely to be related to law enforcement support - for the very simple reason that a protest is not a pre-packaged entity that you can deploy. Neither of those means they actually organised the bloody protests, demonstrations or marches in the first place, and you are claiming they did so without any shred of evidence whatsoever simply because it suits your narrative of "federal government screwing Zimmerman over" to do so. I've always held the view that you are a rational, sensible person - please don't give me grounds to reconsider that.

Also, regarding the rest of your post, a few questions:

1) How do you know the CRS hasn't had people working to try and stop the events of civil disobedience? More to the point, what makes you think that they would actually have a chance of stopping them if people are genuinely that pissed off about it? That's for the police to deal with. You are assuming they haven't done anything based solely on a very narrow FOI request by a website whose conclusions are being challenged by their own commenters.

2) How is the federal government supposed to control what the media prints about a person in light of the 1st Amendment?

3) You do realise that during a live investigation law enforcement agencies do have the right to seize items which could amount to evidence, provided it is linked to the investigation and until a decision to charge or otherwise is made? It's pretty standard procedure, and applies equally to federal investigations as to state ones. Otherwise, law enforcement would have a hard time investigating anything as they'd only be able to "suspect" a person had done something and hence not take anything. I trust you can see the flaw in your logic there.

4) How can you say, with absolute certainty, that there is nothing to support the possibility of a federal charge? Have you seen all the evidence? You will forgive me if I'm somewhat sceptical of that.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#426 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 3rd 2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying, look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbgFC4HxU0

That driver is caught speeding and is given a ticket, and is also being taped without his consent.

George Zimmerman was caught speeding and was given a warning by the job in a somewhat nice gesture.

He then becomes a hypocrite and leaks the dash cam video to the masses which not only reveals the area he might still be residing in, it also shows his vehicle which is not good if he is supposedly trying to go into hiding.

Second of all, I don't think anyone is against me.

I'm not racist. I may be prejudiced but don't you dare think that I call the race card every five seconds.

Being black, I was raised as a baby by a white family and I didn't know my birth parents until after I graduated from High School so don't think I haven't been on the other side of the grass, because I have.

Alright there, Mr. Maverick. I have viewed both the video you posted and the one of Zimmerman being pulled over, and here's what I've gathered.

In the video where the Black male was pulled over. The video only shows half of the traffic stop. Where the LEO is issuing the male his citation. The male was being rude, 'rowdy', and threatening the Officer that he will 'break' his stuff if it goes in his 'fancy car'. He then proceeds to personally insult the Officer, on his weight and that he 'probably doesn't drive a nice car', and that is isn't worth anything, because he is doing his job.

The facts are, he was issued a citation for breaking the law.. The concept you seemed to not understand in the video. The only hypothesis I can come up with, is the LEO seems to be White, the Male is black, so he must of been racially profiled because of the color of his skin. Where, to be issued a "$500 traffic ticket"; you must of been doing something incredibly stupid and reckless. The fact he was being rude towards the LEO is only more justification to issue a citation, in general, if you act like an asshat, you're going to get cited and not a chance of being let off with a warning. In NO part of that video, was the LEO ever rude to the Person, even though in all means he didn't deserve the respect the LEO gave to him. Also, Privacy? You lose the expectation to privacy the second you go in public. The dash cams are there for the safety of the LEOs and the Public. People everyday get recorded whether it be by other people using video cameras, security cameras, etc.

Now.. Onto the Zimmerman video.

A) When the LEO approached Zimmerman, Zimmerman didn't treat the LEO like shit. He was being calm, respectable. etc. He didn't call the LEO a "Fat ass", and was being a shit head like the other Person in the video you posted. He wasn't aware he was getting 'off' with a warning until the last part of the traffic stop. He also wasn't going to the Officer, 'bragging' about his 'fame'. Saying, "Oh, hey, look at me, I'm George Zimmerman." He was saying that to, when the LEO asked where he was going and he said "No where, in particular. As he did not want to say the location he was going to on the Microphone. So it wasn't public. It also did not say ANYWHERE that the Law Enforcement Officer who conducted the traffic stop is the one who leaked the video. Here's a little tip, Dash cam videos are able to be viewed to the public. There's a reason why there are shows such as "World's most amazing Police chases".

So, in conclusion, Mr. Maverick. No it does not make me think that the LEO was being a "Hypocrite ass cop". Both Officers in the Video you posted and the George Zimmerman traffic video, did their job. There's a thing called 'Police discretion', that allows a LEO to best deal with a situation. In the instance of the Male in the video you posted, did not deserve a warning because he was being a asshot. Where, George Zimmerman was not being a asshat.

(#427 (permalink)) Old
cherrypie36 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: meris

Points: 10,166, Level: 14 Points: 10,166, Level: 14 Points: 10,166, Level: 14

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 3rd 2013, 07:48 PM

Agree to Disagree? Can we leave it at that?
  (#428 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 5th 2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Yep. You're still bothering to argue with him after he said that.

One million miles away...
  (#429 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 8th 2013, 08:47 AM

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarras...-after-magazin

(#430 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 22nd 2013, 04:55 AM

It's nearly impossible to find someone who knows about this case, yet doesn't have an opinion on it. This includes myself; I formed an opinion on this case, and I will openly admit that my opinion changed little over the course of the trial.

But through all of that, everyone needs to remember that this man was put on trial and had his guilt (or lack thereof) determined by a jury of his peers. None of us had access to the trial in its entirety, and therefore, do not have the same view as the jurors did. Even if there is disagreement with the verdict, the trial was (for all intensive legal and practical purposes) held well within the confines and regulations of United States law. Mr. Zimmerman was found not guilty, which means that (personal feelings of the jurors notwithstanding) there was insufficient evidence to declare that he intentionally set out to kill Mr. Martin. On this level, I find that logic overrules my personal feelings, and I believe that the jury made the right decision.

On a final note, I think that the criminal case was far more cut-and-dry than any potential civil suit that may (and probably will) follow.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#431 (permalink)) Old
Alexisdominique Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexi

Points: 6,500, Level: 11 Points: 6,500, Level: 11 Points: 6,500, Level: 11

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 23rd 2013, 02:44 AM

Omg this shit. Scuse my French. Zimmerman's wrong. I don't carry what anyone says. He's a neighborhood watch who shouldn't even be using a gun as neighborhood watch and stepped past his boundaries. He's wrong for killing someone and the least he could have got was manslaughter. Not to mention he's a horrible liar. He said he was circling the car , ok so why'd you get out? Then he said trayvon ran away, ok so that goes back to the question of why did you follow him? Then he said he was hiding behind some short little hedges. What six foot teenager can hide behind those thin short hedges? (There's a picture online) then he said he reached for the gun. Impossible you ha the gun placed on a back belt loop and while laying on the grass during the encounter he wouldn't have been able to see that gun cause it'd be on your back between you and the ground. I'm sorry but that case made me so angry and I shouldn't really be going on like this.
  (#432 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - August 24th 2013, 08:27 AM

Well if you believe in Karma like I do, he's gonna deal with the consequences sooner or later.

(#433 (permalink)) Old
Corrupted Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Points: 7,886, Level: 13 Points: 7,886, Level: 13 Points: 7,886, Level: 13

George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 20th 2013, 04:48 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/justic...merman-arrest/
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justic...est/index.html

He knows how to use the system. He's already killed one person, and his girlfriend almost joined that list. Listen to both 911 calls. His girlfriend is freaking out as he destroys their residence and then tries to frame her. He calculated it down to the last detail.

"Structure is the enemy of progressive thought."
  (#434 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 20th 2013, 01:10 PM

If this doesn't put his ass in prison then I don't know what the hell is wrong with the justice system. This guy is a complete disgust.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.
  (#435 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 20th 2013, 02:02 PM

What I want to know is why he's allowed to be in possession of a firearm. That's like asking someone to "attack him and force him to use self defense".
  (#436 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 20th 2013, 02:06 PM

I'm surprised he still has a girlfriend.

Well, I suppose he wont for much longer.

(#437 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 20th 2013, 09:48 PM

As with all things, it needs to go through proper due process and so I will refrain from commenting on the allegations made until it does so. That being said, if the allegations are borne out by the evidence then it would appear he is in a very precarious position indeed. It's sad as much as anything, because regardless of how people feel about the Trayvon Martin case no one really wins out of this story.

Quote:
RIP Nick
  (#438 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 21st 2013, 08:15 PM

Remember the last time the police were called for the very same thing, and it turned out his ex wife was lying to the police to get him in trouble?

His girlfriend in this situation admitted to police that they've never had an argument before, right after saying he tried to "choke her" about a week ago, which suggests foul play on her part. He's out on bail and his brother, acting as his spokesman, is fairly certain the charges will get dropped for being bogus. Again.

He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he's not stupid enough to threaten someone with a firearm in a domestic dispute. The only thing he's guilty of is continuously getting romantically involved with people who try to manipulate him for their own advantage.

Doesn't stop people from applying their own biases and judging him without facts though. *cough*

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#439 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 22nd 2013, 08:56 AM

What did I say? Nobody ever listens ever.

But he's still superman right? He's such a noble citizen.

(#440 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: George Zimmerman arrested after threatening girlfriend with shotgun - November 22nd 2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Remember the last time the police were called for the very same thing, and it turned out his ex wife was lying to the police to get him in trouble?
Actually, she declined to press charges and the police did likewise after failing to retrieve video from an idea which George Zimmerman broke over his knee (according to the police's own report on the matter). Somewhat different to "lying to the police to get him in trouble", I would suggest.

Quote:
His girlfriend in this situation admitted to police that they've never had an argument before, right after saying he tried to "choke her" about a week ago, which suggests foul play on her part. He's out on bail and his brother, acting as his spokesman, is fairly certain the charges will get dropped for being bogus. Again.
I've yet to find a reliable source substantiating your claims about the girlfriend's admission, and being released on bail is no reflection on the accuracy or otherwise of the charges. It merely reflects how likely the court believes (a) the defendant will respond to their summons and (b) the defendant will comply with conditions imposed upon them. In this case, they include turning over weapons, not seeing his girlfriend and a $9,000 bond. As for his brother, with respect that is rather like the Pope extolling the virtues of Catholicism in the predictability stakes...

Quote:
Doesn't stop people from applying their own biases and judging him without facts though. *cough*
If I may, I would draw your attention to the saying about pots, kettles and the colour black.

As I said before, I'm reserving comment on the validity of the charges until proceedings are concluded. Until such time as the proceedings are in fact concluded, anything else is pure speculation and dressing it up does not make it otherwise.

Quote:
RIP Nick
Closed Thread