TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12

I'm this religion but... - December 6th 2013, 04:51 PM

I'm trying to find religion.
When I was little I went to church. Different ones. All different types of Christianity. None of them felt right. So I decided just not to believe. But I couldn't do that either. I do believe.
Just not 100% what the bible says.
Something about Christianity rubs me the wrong way. I don't think being catholic is for me either. I experimented with Buddhism and Hindu and even Taoism.
I think I have finally found the religion that fits the best for me but I don't agree with it 100% and there are some things I don't follow or do.
So my question is... Can you be a religion that you don't 100% agree with or 100% follow??
I think my religion is Islam. I feel the most comfortable with it. But there are some things that are hard for me to do or I wont do. I have 2 dogs and in Islam, dog hair is considered unclean and you cannot pray with hair on you. Also, I am married to a Catholic and he is supposed to convert- he is not going to. I don't wear a hijab and I have never been to a mosque. I don't always pray 6 times a day and when I do I don't face mecca. I haven't ever did Ramadan. --- I suck at this religion. But what the quarn says makes the most sense to me.
So can you be a religion if you don't follow it to the T?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeFan15 Offline
Cold Fire
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Willis E.

Points: 6,339, Level: 11 Points: 6,339, Level: 11 Points: 6,339, Level: 11

Re: I'm this religion but... - December 6th 2013, 04:57 PM

I know plenty of people who don't follow their religion "to the T", as you put it. I know Christians that don't go to church every Sunday, for example. If you believe in something and it makes you happy, even if you don't believe all of it, you should still stick with it. If you like it, it'll work. Be happy with that.
Closed Thread