TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hestina22 Offline
Hello
Junior TeenHelper

Name: hestina

Points: 8,494, Level: 13 Points: 8,494, Level: 13 Points: 8,494, Level: 13

Lonely - November 14th 2017, 12:45 PM

I have no one to talk to about any of this. I wish I did. I want to start eating again properly, but I can't do it on my own. I think if I had at least a friend to support me maybe I could do it.

I use online counselling sites like Child Line, but I don't think it is as effective as talking to someone in real life would be.
I also come on here, but no one is ever online when I am, or if they are they leave quickly. I feel that no one even pays attention to my threads anymore, and I don't know what to do.
My family don't support me at all, with my mum saying she will kick me out if she finds out I am dieting.

I don't know what to do. I have joined a Pro Ana site and on there people reply and make me feel like they understand and want to talk to me. The site I have joined isn't as bad as I thought it would be, in fact they advise me against purging etc. But really? My only friends are on a Pro Ana site, that's not exactly going to help me eat properly again.

I don't know what I want here, probably just to rant.
Any advice is appreciated.

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,156, Level: 47 Points: 109,156, Level: 47 Points: 109,156, Level: 47

Re: Lonely - November 14th 2017, 08:04 PM

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. When you are going through something and no one is supporting you, it's hard to find a way to deal with this and try to fix this by yourself.
You said that you want to start eating again and have people support you and that's wonderful, can you try telling any of you're friends or just one that you are having a hard time with this and you would love to have them help support you with this when you are having a hard time? Also can you try talking with you're school counselor and letting them know about this that you are going through and see if they can help you and maybe if they can help find you some support too so that you are not going through this along.
I hope that you are able to find someone to help you with this and that you start to feel ok. Lots of Hugs.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
3am_insomniac Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,105, Level: 8 Points: 3,105, Level: 8 Points: 3,105, Level: 8

Re: Lonely - November 17th 2017, 03:20 AM

Hi. I'm going the same sort of thing. I can't eat, and making the choice to recover is terrifying. Try starting with little amounts of food as often as possible. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hestina22 Offline
Hello
Junior TeenHelper

Name: hestina

Points: 8,494, Level: 13 Points: 8,494, Level: 13 Points: 8,494, Level: 13

Re: Lonely - November 17th 2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3am_insomniac View Post
Hi. I'm going the same sort of thing. I can't eat, and making the choice to recover is terrifying. Try starting with little amounts of food as often as possible. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous!
That is really hard for me to do, but I guess I will try. I am slowly eating more, and it is good. I think maybe I will be ok. I hope you are ok too

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/
Closed Thread