TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,661, Level: 16 Points: 12,661, Level: 16 Points: 12,661, Level: 16

Exclamation I no longer have anybody to talk to - June 30th 2021, 11:17 PM

I no longer have anyone to talk to about how I feel.
Friends, family...everyone I tell will just get upset and have their own mental health worsen if I tell them my problems. I know this because I've seen it multiple times. And I have no therapist and I doubt I will ever get one, and besides, it wouldn't help; what's seeing some doctor with a pen and paper once a week going to do for me?

It's just dawned on me that I'm going to have to keep my feelings bottled up for the rest of my life, save for the few poems I write or posts I make on here. I don't know how long I've got left but regardless if my life is long or short, the idea of me having to keep everything inside and put on a smile face for the rest of it is killing me. On top of everything I'm already going through, this is pushing me over the edge.

I am the worst I have ever felt in my entire life, and I am now completely alone for it. I feel weak, sick, scared, angry, self-hating, lonely, and in a lot of danger. But I have to keep everything inside because I don't want to hurt anyone, not any more than I already have.

But I'm so alone. So so so alone at the time I need it most. I don't even know if I want help. It just feels bad to not be able to scream everything out to the world. I at least want to be heard before I am gone or hurt. Even though that's not an option for me anymore, surely it makes sense for me to at least want it? even if i cant have it?

sorry if my writing is messed up, it's 1am and i can't stop crying and nothing makes sense right now and im too tired to correct anything.

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I no longer have anybody to talk to - July 3rd 2021, 02:05 PM

Hey there,

Please don't feel like you have to apologise for the way you're writing. The main thing is, you reached out for help when you felt like you needed it. All of this makes complete sense, so don't worry about that.

Everything you're dealing with right now sounds so hard, and I'm so sorry you're feeling so alone. I know that loneliness is a really difficult thing to combat when you're struggling and all you want to do is be heard and helped. I can completely understand where you're coming from, and I hope you know that I hear you and that if you do want someone to chat to, my inbox is always open for you. That being said, I get what you're saying in that you're not sure if you want help. I've felt like that myself, and it's difficult to reach out when you don't know that you're ready for whatever advice a person might give.

If you ever feel like you are ready to talk, you can always talk to people who you don't know in real life if you're worried about adding to someone elses burden. For example, hotlines are an amazing way to do this. The people on the other end of the hotline service are there because they want to help people who need it, and who may have nowhere else to turn.

I know that you're not in the mindset to necessarily accept advice right now, so I just want you to know that although you feel alone and unheard, you have a lot to offer the world and you deserve to be here to experience the better parts of life which are possible, even if they don't seem like it now. You're such a talented writer, and you're obviously a very caring, kind person. I hope that you know you're being heard.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5

Re: I no longer have anybody to talk to - August 9th 2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda_Voxel View Post
I no longer have anyone to talk to about how I feel.
Friends, family...everyone I tell will just get upset and have their own mental health worsen if I tell them my problems. I know this because I've seen it multiple times. And I have no therapist and I doubt I will ever get one, and besides, it wouldn't help; what's seeing some doctor with a pen and paper once a week going to do for me?

It's just dawned on me that I'm going to have to keep my feelings bottled up for the rest of my life, save for the few poems I write or posts I make on here. I don't know how long I've got left but regardless if my life is long or short, the idea of me having to keep everything inside and put on a smile face for the rest of it is killing me. On top of everything I'm already going through, this is pushing me over the edge.

I am the worst I have ever felt in my entire life, and I am now completely alone for it. I feel weak, sick, scared, angry, self-hating, lonely, and in a lot of danger. But I have to keep everything inside because I don't want to hurt anyone, not any more than I already have.

But I'm so alone. So so so alone at the time I need it most. I don't even know if I want help. It just feels bad to not be able to scream everything out to the world. I at least want to be heard before I am gone or hurt. Even though that's not an option for me anymore, surely it makes sense for me to at least want it? even if i cant have it?

sorry if my writing is messed up, it's 1am and i can't stop crying and nothing makes sense right now and im too tired to correct anything.
No, they will not do that to you if they're really sincere in you. So don't be afraid to tell your problems to your family or friends.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: I no longer have anybody to talk to - August 9th 2021, 07:20 AM

That's not true! You're so brave to share that problem with us, you have nothing to be sad because we're here to listen you. Don't be afraid to talk. The people who are getting upset to you are the first people to have nothing to say to you. Leave them alone and follow YOUR path.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BackingErlking Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 859, Level: 4 Points: 859, Level: 4 Points: 859, Level: 4

Re: I no longer have anybody to talk to - August 12th 2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro04 View Post
That's not true! You're so brave to share that problem with us, you have nothing to be sad because we're here to listen you. Don't be afraid to talk. The people who are getting upset to you are the first people to have nothing to say to you. Leave them alone and follow YOUR path.
I agree. Sometimes you need to disagree with everyone's opinion because they're just an opinion.
Closed Thread