TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Angry Is there something wrong with me? - July 13th 2021, 09:10 AM

Honestly i want to know if there's something wrong with me. Nobody wants to talk with me in real life and in the internet world. I'm the last chance. The second choice. Everyone consider me as a dummy? Ok then, but I want to know.
Ok, I admit it: I'm not an expansive person, generally I prefer to do things by myself, but now I get enough.
I wonder if it will continue when I'm older. It makes me sad...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Is there something wrong with me? - July 18th 2021, 10:07 AM

Hi Luca,

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I identify so much with some of the things you've said here, and I know it's really tough when you feel like you're second best to other people. Honestly, it's not an uncommon feeling and you're definitely not your own with this, but I know that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

There's definitely nothing wrong with you, and you're not a dummy at all. Just because you enjoy doing things alone, doesn't mean you enjoy doing things alone all the time. I get that. I'm very introverted too, but sometimes you need company and reassurance, and I think that's okay.

Is there a way you could maybe reach out to some friends about this? If you're not up for opening up to them about how you feel, you don't necessarily need to. Maybe if you're having a down day, you can reach out and see if anyone is free for a coffee or a trip to the shops or something just to break up the period of time you feel like you're cut off for. Obviously, people do have their own stuff, so there will be times that people aren't available. I know that this sucks and it can feel like they put you last, but it's important to remember that other people have things going on too, and just because one day that might need to come first, doesn't mean you'll always come last. If they're not free then, you can maybe arrange a time or day which works for you both, and then that way you have something to look forward to.

It might also be nice to reach out to other people too. For example, if you're studying, are there people in your classes you could get together with every so often to catch up on homework? If you have a job, maybe you could see if people fancy going for lunch or dinner one night after work? None of these things need to be something you do all the time, because it's important to balance what your personal social threshold is, and if you prefer to do things alone maybe this will only be every so often. But this way you're just expanding your circle a bit. It might feel uncomfortable at first - I know it did for me! - but it's something you can try. If it doesn't work, then that's okay too.

I know that feeling sad about this is hard. I also completely understand why you do feel sad, and I think many other people would too. But you're not and never will be alone. You can always reach out here any time you need to talk and someone will always be able to offer support. Maybe you can pop into the chatroom sometimes too? It's usually pretty active there, and it might be a really good way to fill the gap a little bit and talk to other people. Everyone is really friendly.

I hope you're doing okay. Please let me know if you ever want to talk.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Is there something wrong with me? - July 18th 2021, 11:35 AM

Thank you. You're right, but it's hard. I'm not an important person, and I don't want to be one of it, but for me it seems that everybody have something better to do, even is bright that they have nothing to do.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5

Re: Is there something wrong with me? - August 9th 2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro04 View Post
Thank you. You're right, but it's hard. I'm not an important person, and I don't want to be one of it, but for me it seems that everybody have something better to do, even is bright that they have nothing to do.
Don't be jealous & compare yourself to others. You're built different. Stay strong as always.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BackingErlking Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 859, Level: 4 Points: 859, Level: 4 Points: 859, Level: 4

Re: Is there something wrong with me? - August 12th 2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by startangle View Post
Don't be jealous & compare yourself to others. You're built different. Stay strong as always.
And learn to ignore someone's opinion about you.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread