TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anthony1323 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anthony Colin Tall

Points: 9,877, Level: 14 Points: 9,877, Level: 14 Points: 9,877, Level: 14

Question I'm lonely - June 21st 2011, 07:38 AM

I'm a ridiculously shy guy when it comes to women. I find girls that I like but I'm so scared of getting rejected that I don't make a move. I hate being alone and I need a way to get out of this rut. I'm an honest, sweet and caring guy who just needs a little love. How do I overcome this?

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I've been here a while

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: I'm lonely - June 21st 2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1323 View Post
I find girls that I like but I'm so scared of getting rejected that I don't make a move.
And you've identified the problem. Good. Basically, start making moves. Force yourself through your fear of rejection. There's no shame in starting small: making eye-contact, saying "hi" to people, making small talk, all of that is good practice. You can't jump straight from never talking to girls straight to being Casanova. But you can and should start forcing yourself to take baby steps.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I'm lonely - June 21st 2011, 11:50 AM

Hey Anthony,
Acheron hit the nail right on the head. You just need to get over your fear of rejection. You might not believe it, but all of us girls aren't outright b****s. Try finding a girl that shares your interests, like at a club or at a sporting game. That way, you'll have something to make small talk about.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BlackHawkDown Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Santa Claus

Points: 8,232, Level: 13 Points: 8,232, Level: 13 Points: 8,232, Level: 13

Re: I'm lonely - June 24th 2011, 02:36 PM

im in the same boat mate, its hard, im lonely atm also, but what i tell myself is im still young and if its my turn for love, then it will come, love comes by accident and stays on purpose, i wouldnt try so hard to find it as it wont be as special as when it really happens, live your life have fun and you never now one day in the near future your soulmate could turn up, for me i dont do much all day, but i plan to get a job and start going out more, and if i find a girl i like who i sense likes me back, im not going to be a pussy anymore, im going to grow some balls and say something, if i get rejected then so be it, il take it like a man, and learn from it, my most valuable quote is "it is better to know then to regret not knowning" i know i may sound as if im trying to be a player or some sort now but seriously im not far from it, i wanna be in a relationship where im confortable, and its truthful, but i dont wanan rush it, i want to find the right one that i can spend the rest of my life with, i must admit it does take its toll and can be very hard sometimes when you see other couples, films etc so i feel your pain but it will happen someday so just happily wait for the day, and start trying to make moves first, from my expierence, girls 9/10 never make the first move about taking the friendship/relationship further correct me if im wrong girls.
Closed Thread