TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Adulting This forum is for any discussions about adult life.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Speed dating - May 7th 2022, 11:21 PM

I am on dating apps and finding them to be, well, bleak and boring. The conversations seem to be the same thing or if it's not the conversation is going well. If I hint or ask about doing something, ghosted. Okay? The other bleak same-old boring conversations go on and on; it gets nowhere like they... anyways.

Has anyone tried speed dating?

I was going to sign up this month; something came up and I probably can't make that date so I'll go to the next one.

The 8-minute conversations I can ask some good questions and either be a yes or no on the card. Then, there's the social aspect afterwards as it doesn't end there and could talk to others or I could just leave if I didn't like it.

If I am paying for speed dating I am not asking "what do you watch?" I hope that nobody asks me that either.

My question is, have you done speed dating before? How was your experience? Do you have any advice?

If you haven't, would you like to experience that as part of dating?

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,234, Level: 45 Points: 101,234, Level: 45 Points: 101,234, Level: 45

Re: Speed dating - May 9th 2022, 09:37 PM

I haven't done this myself but I know a few people who have and here are a few thoughts from what they've told me. I gather the time goes really quickly and you barely have a chance to say anything. You meet all sorts of people, some you'll really like and others you'll really hate. By the end you might not even remember half the people you've spoken to which makes filling in the card tricky!

I would recommend a few things, firstly spend some time thinking about what you want to get out of it, what kind of people you want to meet (or don't) and what you would really like to know from potential partners.

Secondly, go in with a few interesting questions or stories to share, things that will show your personality and what kind of person you are or which help you to find out something useful from the other person.

Thirdly, keep it light and friendly, avoid being too intense - don't talk about exes, marriage, babies, politics or anything else that is going to annoy or scare people!

Have fun and enjoy yourself, the more people you meet the greater your chances of finding someone you really gel with.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread