TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,896, Level: 13 Points: 7,896, Level: 13 Points: 7,896, Level: 13

my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 04:56 AM

so early today. My sister told me she believed she was pregnant.... She's taken one pregnancy test she and her bff saw and she's not had her period for almost 5 weeks... She's single and pregnant and she's only 16 in a few weeks. Mom set up an appointment to have an abortion. She's said she wants to keep it. But mom's really not understanding her at all... She's just trying to push her to an abortion. Well anyway, I tried telling her like the truth but it seems to have just made seem more upset by this. It seems like she needs to just hear what she wants to right now... She also said her reason she feels positive is because she looks up to me and my situation... I was 18 single and pregnant to the biggest loser in town and a senior in high school. Similar to hers only she's younger. I mean it's a blessing I'm where I'm at now. But I feel she sees that as the norm. Yet I think it's good she feels positive I don't want to burst her bubble. Well I invited her to stay with me and that she could figure it out without having the negativity of mom. Mom agrees. But I don't know when she talks about it... I don't want to be negative as well. But I rather be realistic... But I think that hurts her as well...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 05:29 AM

If her pregnancy test came out positive well guess who's an auntie. Enough with the jokes, back on the subject.

But I think its a good idea that your sister is staying with you, let her have her own choice if she wants to keep the baby or not.

But also does she know how much money it costs to raise an infant in today's world? A lot. Tell her if she wants to keep it, but finish school and give the baby up for adoption is also another option too.

very slim chances of teen moms opt to go with carrying the baby to term and then putting it up for adoption, then go back to school to finish.

Abortions in my opinion are very easy, if you feel you can't carry this baby to term then go ahead and go with the abortion. But that's in my opinion too.

I hope with what ever choice your sister makes she will be happy.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#3 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 05:47 AM

she does she's planing on using cs to help. But it's complicated and she thinks her job is barely enough at all... I think she's hoping for the best. Idk I guess it's good to encourage her. It's hard to see her lose hope... She's still very goal driven that's the positive side to it all.. I know whatever she does she'll be successful in the longrun.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung18 View Post
She's still very goal driven that's the positive side to it all.. I know whatever she does she'll be successful in the longrun.
I have high hopes that everything will turn out fine in the end. If she is positive and has feelings she will be successful in the end.

Good luck and best of health to you and your family.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Julia

Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 06:18 AM

I don't think your mother should push her to get an abortion, especially if she doesn't want to. It could seriously mess her up to go through that without wanting to. I really don't like the idea of an abortion. It would be another thing if she felt like she wanted to do that. If she can't keep the baby though, there's always adoption. There are many families that would LOVE to have a baby, but can't for some reason. It would make their whole lives to have a child and it would be very nice for her to do that for a family.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 08:10 AM

I disagree with it too
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 07:08 PM

Hey there,

I'm glad you're being so supportive to your sister. It's unfair of your mother to be forcing her to do something that she doesn't want to, but at the same time, understandable. Your mother has seen what happens with teen pregnancy and is trying to not have her daughter make the same mistakes. Is she doing it the right way? Well, no. But what she's doing is understandable.

Have you tried to talk to your mother about this, and more trying to talk to your sister about all her options, rather than the options being "keep or abort." Let her know what you've gone through as a teen mom, let her know the reality of parenthood and how all of her "fun" things are most likely to disappear, but also let your mom know that this should be her choice as well. While I'm very pro-choice, and I don't think abortion would be the wrong thing to do, I actually think it might be a good idea in a situation like this, I think she needs to be the one to decide that, not me, not your mother.

Good luck to your family!

something burning?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Siren❤ Offline
Average Joe

Name: ILH♡

Points: 8,186, Level: 13 Points: 8,186, Level: 13 Points: 8,186, Level: 13

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 07:54 PM

It's good she is coming to stay with you. I can see where your mom is coming from, however if it's something your sister doesn't want to do then she really honestly shouldn't... Parenthood is a seriously big deal, but then again so is abortion. She needs to come to her own decision on this. I hope she makes the right decision for her.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 08:18 PM

she seems to not be so comfortable with knowing how hard it may be for her. But she seems less depressed looking on the positive side of things. I think here thoug she can be more comfortable with her plans hope it helps. I have talked to mom and she's really entitled to what she thinks my aim is for her to not feel bullied into anything... Seems so far she's fine....
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my little sister is pregnant - June 30th 2012, 08:59 PM

I think actually abortion would be better for her too but she's focussed on the baby and that's her choice and I respect it....
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
foreveryoung18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my little sister is pregnant - July 6th 2012, 07:00 PM

well UPDATE: Sadly she had an mc this morning a few hours ago so I guess that's that. I really wish I could make it up to her. I understand though...
Closed Thread