TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vampirediari Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: McKayla

Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12

Unhappy Scared of being pregnant.. - August 9th 2012, 07:10 AM

So, I'm 15 years old. I'm a sophomore in high school. I know I'll probably get a lot of "You're too young to be having sex" comments, but I'm really just looking for some kind of comfort. Please
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: Scared of being pregnant.. - August 9th 2012, 07:26 AM

Hello McKayla,
One of the biggest stereotypes that exists these days is that if you are a teenager, that your life is all over when you become pregnant. Let me assure you, that is not the case at all. If you do become pregnant, there are new challenges that would need to be faced, many changes that must be adapted to. But it would not mean that your life is over, at all.

The first thing is to determine the likelihood of a pregnancy actually occurring, calculating several different factors. First thing to know is how long ago did you do it, and did you use protection or birth control or not; my impression from that you are expressing feeling scared is that you didn't. Since I don't know exactly how long ago it happened from your post, I will mention if it is within 72 hours from the actual event you can take a Plan B pill, and that would substantially reduce the chances of a pregnancy occurring after unprotected sex.

After that the best thing to do is after two weeks of the event, you can get a pregnancy test. Any sooner and the results may not be fully accurate, as these tests are designed to detect hormonal changes which result from pregnancy which take time to occur. If at least that amount of time has passed, I suggest getting one for a more definitive answer.

Best wishes, we are here for you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: Scared of being pregnant.. - August 9th 2012, 12:35 PM

First I want to say that people can have their own opinions about what age is too young for sex. Some people think 15 is too young and some people don't. Honestly as long as you feel you are ready and comfortable with it and understand what it is and all the risks that come with it then you are old enough IMO.

I am assuming that you think you may be pregnant and if that's the case then you need to take a pregnancy test 2 weeks after your missed period to find out for sure. If you are pregnant there are options for you such as abortion (depending how far along you would be), adoption, keeping it. Also if you had sex less than 72 hours ago you could take the plan B pill. What is it about being pregnant that scares you?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Scared of being pregnant.. - August 9th 2012, 12:37 PM

Hi there,

While some might say 15 is too young to have sex, there are plenty of teens younger than you indulging in sexual intercourse. Nobody here is going to judge you, and certainly not because you've decided to have sex.

Sex can be fun and all, but as I'm sure you now know, can have some serious consequences, like pregnancy. Have you been having sex recently? If so, have you been having protected sex (with the use of condoms and/or birth control or other contraceptives?). If not, then, there is a great risk that you could be or become pregnant. However, there is only one way to know for sure: buy a pregnancy test.

Buying a pregnancy test isn't difficult. You could go to any pharmacy and just ask a clerk for one. There is no age limit on buying a test. You can even buy the off-brand ones from dollar stores. They work just the same.

Don't freak too much. Stressing over something that isn't a for sure thing yet could only make problems worse. It could even cause your period to be late or skipped, causing more tension on you. So just remain calm.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread