TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
1185 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,924, Level: 12 Points: 6,924, Level: 12 Points: 6,924, Level: 12

Pregnant or stressed? - August 22nd 2012, 02:31 AM

Hi, I'm 18 years old and about to start college. I'm going to the other end of the country and have been stressing out a lot about it lately- Financial aid, courses, dealing with debt and being so far away from my family, etc.

On the other hand, I just spent the past month with my boyfriend (this living arrangement ended two weeks ago when I had to go off to school) and we were having frequent sex. We used condoms with spermicide (Trojan Armor), did NOT pull out, but I was really good about taking my birth control on time nightly.

I got my "period" last week, but it was EXTREMELY light. My period is normally fairly heavy and mostly blood. I've been on my birth control for 2 years now, so it's nothing from starting up a new prescription. The blood was coming out brown this time and it was more tissue than blood. It only lasted for two days, which is extremely short for me, but it came when it was supposed to, according to my birth control pills. I've read about implantation bleeding, so I'm a tad worried.

My discharge has increased significantly, as well. It's pretty heavy lately. Instead of being clear, it's whiter and stickier than usual, but doesn't smell and isn't clumpy. (Something that would make me worry about an infection.)

As well, I've been breaking out on my face lately. I've never broken out a day in my life, and here I am, waking up every morning with twelve or so zits on the T-Zone on my face.

I've also contracted this awful cold, that I've been suffering from for the past week and a half. I've read that pregnancy can also cause this.

Finally, my stomach has been looking a lot more bloated than usual. It's pretty much my belly to my crotch the sticks out a lot more than it ever has, because I'm naturally thin. I've not been getting bigger anywhere else, and it hardly deflates. I wear a B-cup bra size and my belly, which never sticks out, is sticking out as far as my breasts.

I don't have access to a pregnancy test right now, but I'm worried that I may be pregnant. I'm not showing any other symptoms (No tender breasts, no abnormal cramping, no nausea), so it may just be stressed, but my super light period really freaked me out. I'm really regular. I'm looking for some opinions.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant or stressed? - August 22nd 2012, 02:17 PM

A combination of the stress and travelling can definitely throw your cycle off course. In order to get to school, did you travel by plane? If so, this could have a huge impact on your cycle, on top of being worried about school, financial problems and of course, whether or not you're pregnant.

What you mentioned does have some similarities to pregnancy, but they also could be from tons of other things, including this cold that you've had for the past week. You haven't experienced any other symptoms.

In any case, you need to get hold of a pregnancy test. If you're on campus, you could always visit the nurses office, or the hospital on campus to get a pregnancy test done there instead of trying to purchase one at the store. But, one should be taken sooner rather than later.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread