TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emz1510 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,811, Level: 12 Points: 6,811, Level: 12 Points: 6,811, Level: 12

might be pregnant:( - October 15th 2012, 08:46 PM

heyy im hoping someone can help me i stupidly had unprotected sex on the 28th september and had my period on the 30th lasted 4 days but my period was early my cycle of my period isnt always the same:/ could i be pregnant and if so how long before i can take a test ..... someone help please .xx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: might be pregnant:( - October 15th 2012, 09:27 PM

Any time you have sex, there is going to be a chance of pregnancy. Just because you've had your period doesn't mean that you're in the clear. You can take a pregnancy test up 14 days after unprotected sex, and it should give you a clear result, though it's always best to wait until you've missed your period. Since you mentioned your periods aren't always regular, you may want to wait 14-21 days after you last had unprotected sex and take a test. Make sure to take it first thing in the morning, when you are more apt to getting an accurate result.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emz1510 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,811, Level: 12 Points: 6,811, Level: 12 Points: 6,811, Level: 12

Re: might be pregnant:( - October 16th 2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletheia* View Post
Any time you have sex, there is going to be a chance of pregnancy. Just because you've had your period doesn't mean that you're in the clear. You can take a pregnancy test up 14 days after unprotected sex, and it should give you a clear result, though it's always best to wait until you've missed your period. Since you mentioned your periods aren't always regular, you may want to wait 14-21 days after you last had unprotected sex and take a test. Make sure to take it first thing in the morning, when you are more apt to getting an accurate result.
Sorry for being disgusting but I've been get discharge nearly everyday it's not loads though:/would that matter x
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 16,425, Level: 18 Points: 16,425, Level: 18 Points: 16,425, Level: 18

Re: might be pregnant:( - October 16th 2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emz1510 View Post
Sorry for being disgusting but I've been get discharge nearly everyday it's not loads though:/would that matter x
Might be, might not be. We're not doctors, Alethia has gave you the best advice, wait 21 days or until you miss your next period and take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning. x

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: might be pregnant:( - October 17th 2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emz1510 View Post

If it is clear (or a pale white) and gooey that could just mean you are ovulating (indicating you are almost or are in your most fertile state). Some women experience this during pregnancy, as well. Though it isn't common for them to experience it if they have not had the mucus (what the discharge is called) before.

If it is light pink or brown, it could be your period is about to start, breakthrough spotting (spotting that sometimes happens between menstrual cycles), or implantation bleeding.

The best thing you can do is wait until one week from your period and test, or wait to see if your period starts.
Closed Thread