TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Points: 10,630, Level: 15 Points: 10,630, Level: 15 Points: 10,630, Level: 15

Chances of being pregnant? - October 31st 2012, 06:54 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I was raped on saturday night at a halloween party, and now I'm terrified that I'm pregnant. He didn't use a condom, and all I can think about now is the chances that I am pregnant. If my last period started on october 5th, and its pretty regular with coming every 30 or so days, hwo likely is it that I'm pregnant? I know that there's no definite answer, and everything Ive been reading online is really confusing. I'm also really confused about when I can take a pregnancy test. Do I have to wait 2 weeks? Or can I take it this weekend since I'm supposed to get my period on friday?

I just don't know what to do right now. I feel like my life is falling apart and all I can do is lay in bed and think about it. Any advice you girls have about this will really help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
broncos758 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rob

Points: 7,646, Level: 12 Points: 7,646, Level: 12 Points: 7,646, Level: 12

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - October 31st 2012, 08:42 PM

When your period usually starts won't affect the odds too much other than you are more fertile at some points than other. Because it's so close to when you usually start even if you do get your period there's a chance you could still be pregnant. You should go to the police if you haven't. There's a possibility this person has done this before and he will do it again if he doesn't get caught. You can PM me if you want.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - October 31st 2012, 10:26 PM

I can't tell you your chances, but wait 14 days even though your period is expected this weekend. That is too soon to tell. If you miss it, keep in mind stress can cause you to miss it. Wait 14 days, test. If you are unsure, wait until your next expected period and test.

Sorry about what happened to you, Sarah. If you haven't yet, it might help to post in the Rape and Abuse forum.

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; November 1st 2012 at 01:36 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - October 31st 2012, 10:30 PM

Hey there,
I agree with first poster, going to the police, no matter whom it was, should be your first action. Second, would be to get a pregnancy test, take it in the morning that is the best time and have the most accurate results. Don't stress out, I am quite proud of you that you can talk about it, even if it is on the internet, it's a good step.

Stay strong,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - November 2nd 2012, 12:35 AM

I agree with the steps and wait the 2 weeks. Your horomones might not show up on the first test either. I had to take three each two days apart first morning urine. I was also raped and I know how it feels if you ever need to talk PM me and I am happy to listen. I know its really scary not knowing what to do but you have to trust that if you go to the police they will help you. I was scared to tell the police so I had a close friend that was an adult be there with me. Now is when the support system comes in handy.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Points: 7,827, Level: 12 Points: 7,827, Level: 12 Points: 7,827, Level: 12

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - November 2nd 2012, 01:12 AM

Hey, I was in the same boat you are. About three years ago the same thing happened to me. I agree about waiting the fourteen days, and I definitely agree that you shouldn't get freaked out if your period is missed.

Thankfully I was not pregnant, however I did miss my period for three months after due to the intense stress I was feeling.

As far as what to do about the rape, if you feel like you want to go to the police or not is completely your decision. There are many reasons why women do, and often times it empowers them to face their accuser, but don't let anyone make you feel bad about whatever you choose. Although to everyone it seems daft not to report it, it's a whole different ballgame when you have to actually go through with it. I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, you're more than welcome to PM me. I wish you the best.

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Points: 10,630, Level: 15 Points: 10,630, Level: 15 Points: 10,630, Level: 15

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - November 2nd 2012, 05:15 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone. It happened in my residence at university, and the staff were made aware of what was going on while it was happening, and they contacted the police. He was arrested, but I've dropped the charges. The only reason I would press charges is if I do happen to be pregnant.

Now its just a long waiting game I guess. If I buy one of the early detection tests can I take it sooner? I dont think I can wait 2 weeks.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Chances of being pregnant? - November 2nd 2012, 09:43 AM

No. The only 'sooner' you can take it is 1 week before your expected period. The two week wait is pretty much the absolute earliest you can take a test. To be more accurate, take one of the early tests one week before your expected period.

I do suggest testing again the day of your expected period, but I say that just because it is the most accurate then. However, it is possible to get accurate tests 5-7 days before with a early detection test.

Honestly, the dollar store (new choice at most dollar trees) tests work just as well. They are pretty decent at detecting a week early, as well. Or you can buy First Response Early Result for around $12 for three tests.

You want the most sensitive, which the lowest is 10ml. Most store bought ones are 25ml though, which is still really good. First Response and New Choice are both 25. You can buy some online that are 10ml, though.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or PM me or Shannon.
Closed Thread