TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blue_dream Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,674, Level: 12 Points: 6,674, Level: 12 Points: 6,674, Level: 12

Unhappy possibly pregnant - December 25th 2012, 02:59 PM

Recently I've been feeling really cranky, I cry at things I normally wouldn't. I have back pain (lower) but I just think it's because I have scoliosis (my spine is in a shape of a 'S') . I work 30 hours a week but the past week my feet started hurting. I've never threw-up but I do get nausea mostly at night. I have cravings for peanut butter, hamburgers, fries, I'm almost always really picky about what I want recently.
my period started October 18 and lasted 4 days (normal)
and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex around the end of October (26-30). Around November 5th I had spotting but also started the depo shot. after I got the shot I stopped bleeding and didn't bleed until December 14 (lasted 9 days).
the past week or so I've realized my lower stomach has gotten tighter and now pokes out a little. I'm small to begin with so it's real noticeable to me. it hurts to suck in my stomach, I can only make it to 10 seconds.
I'm not sure if I could be pregnant because of me starting the BC but I have some signs and my belly so I don't know anymore..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: possibly pregnant - December 25th 2012, 03:27 PM

Any kind of birth control you may go on is bound to have side effects. What you're experiencing could very well be the side effects of the depo shot. It's bound to make your period go out of whack, cause you to experience some things with your body you aren't normally used too. But, to answer your question, since you did have unprotected sex, you did leave yourself open to the possibility of a pregnancy. The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. You can acquire one of these, at any age, at any local pharmacy, drug store or department store like Wal-Mart or Target. All you have to do is fine an available associate to assist you in grabbing one since they're mostly kept behind locked glass cases these days. If you can't afford a name brand one, I would look into finding a dollar store near you. These tests are JUST AS ACCURATE as name brand ones. Make sure to read the directions, check expiration dates and take the test first thing in the morning when you first urinate after waking up from sleep.

At this point, I'd say the chances are 50/50, but you also have to accomodate for the fact you recently started a new birth control. I wouldn't put all the blame of pregnancy just yet. Take a test and know for sure.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: possibly pregnant - December 25th 2012, 05:24 PM

Like Shannon said starting a new birth control can have nasty side affects. I took one that would cause me to feel nauseous for example. But because you did have unprotected sex before going on depovera you could very well be pregnant. New birth controls do have a tendency to mess up your period as well, which could account for spotting instead of having a real period. Just get a pregnancy test and put your concerns to rest.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread