TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Charlie162 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,335, Level: 11 Points: 6,335, Level: 11 Points: 6,335, Level: 11

Pregnant? I don't think? - June 10th 2013, 05:03 PM

I just joined this website today because I really need some help/assurance. My boyfriend and I had protected sex right after my period ended, maybe 2 days after. We used a condom and used the "pull out" method as well just to be safe. The day after I had a little brownish discharge just once like it didn't keep coming after I switched my underwear. We have had sex this same month twice after that. Every time the condoms were used correctly and didn't break. I'm almost 6 days late for my period, I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy..I'm debating on if I should take a test or if I should wait it out and maybe stress is what is causing it to be delayed..I'm just really scared about it. I'm not gaining any weight, not nauseous, increased fatigue or anything. I had my final exams last week which caused me to be stressed and I mean now I am cause my period is late. It's not normally regular but it usually isn't this late either. Any advice?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PureStorm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 10th 2013, 06:45 PM

People are worrying too much You'll get your period soon, sometimes it's delayed. Couldn't you test yourself for pregnancy?

Cheers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 12th 2013, 04:59 AM

It's normal for teenagers to have irregular periods (which is why so many teenagers stress over being pregnant, even when they've used protection). When I was younger, I always had the opposite problem - my period coming twice a month. Stress can definitely delay your period, so don't stress. If it'll ease your mind, take a pregnancy test; because as I'm sure you know, condoms aren't 100% effective even when used correctly. We can't tell you if you're pregnant or not, though the odds say you're probably not.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
interlukin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsay

Points: 6,443, Level: 11 Points: 6,443, Level: 11 Points: 6,443, Level: 11

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 23rd 2013, 01:15 AM

I don't think you have too much to worry about. I assume you're not on birth control pills, as you said you guys used condoms. Before I was on the pill I never knew when my period was going to come, and sometimes it would be late, so that could be why yours is late. Stressing out about it not coming can also delay it. If you're really worried, or start to feel like you're showing symptoms, take a test, and rest easy.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 24th 2013, 01:29 AM

Welcome to TH.

It's highly unlikely that you are pregnant if you correctly used two forms of birth control, which it sounds like you did. More than likely your missing period is due to stress, such as the stress that comes with final exams. If it would ease your mind, go ahead and take a test. Otherwise, it will probably show up soon.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Always be yourself
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Points: 7,018, Level: 12 Points: 7,018, Level: 12 Points: 7,018, Level: 12

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 26th 2013, 01:08 AM

It does not sound as if you are pregnant. Just relax and reassure yourself. If you still do not get it when you think you should THEN test and see what happens. But you do not want to stress yourself out and make it not come.

What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
forever92511 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,406, Level: 11 Points: 6,406, Level: 11 Points: 6,406, Level: 11

Re: Pregnant? I don't think? - June 26th 2013, 07:10 AM

I'm in the same boat. Couple days after ending my period and I'm now 47 days late with 2 negative tests. I also am really stressed I had finals and now I'm stressing about being pregnant.
Closed Thread