TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
forever92511 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,406, Level: 11 Points: 6,406, Level: 11 Points: 6,406, Level: 11

Unhappy 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 26th 2013, 06:14 AM

I'm 17. I've been sexually active since October 2012. My last period was the end of March. I'm 47 days late for my period. they're irregular but never 47 days late. We last had sex the middle of April. We always use a condom and pull out. I have taken 2 tests and both were negative and I'm taking another tomorrow. I'm more terrified than I ever have been in my life. I'm So scared that my parents are going to be disappointed. Do you think I'm pregnant? If I am, How do I tell my parents? I have four parents. I feel like my parents are gonna hate me. Just please help me figure out a way to tell them, and if you think I'm pregnant. I haven't really had symptoms. Mood swings, and every once in awhile I get a backache. But nothing else. My boobs hurt one day but that's it. Help please!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 26th 2013, 01:45 PM

Hmm, well if you're periods have been somewhat irregular in the past, maybe this time is just more irregular than the rest, thats my theory, but you said "We always use a condom and pull out." do you mean, he wears a condom and still pulls out? Or do you mean, he doesn't wear a condom BUT he pulls out?

And if you are pregnant, IF you are, your parents won't be dissapointed.

Can i ask, do your parents know your sexually active?

Also, If we calculate it all up

1.Previously irregular periods. (maybe just this one is longer than usual)

2.Haven't experienced any symptoms

3. Wore protection.

In atleast my estimation your in the Clear, but i'd be best if you answered my question if you want to.

I will admit i'm no expert, and i'm 99% sure the next person to post a reply knows atleast 5x as much as i do, however i know enough. Kinda.

N/A
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 26th 2013, 03:22 PM

It depends on when you took those two pregnancy tests? Where they at least two weeks after you had sex? And I think it’s a really good idea to take a new pregnancy test.

But, even if it says negative, you should still see your doctor. Several missed periods in a row might be a sign of certain medical conditions. Or it could just be irregular periods. But the only way you are going to find out for sure what’s going on is to speak to your doctor. Three missed periods in a row is not something to ignore whether you are sexually active or not.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 26th 2013, 07:33 PM

When you have a late period, you need to always keep peeing on the pregnancy test to confirm that you are not pregnant. Once it’s established that you have a late period but aren’t not pregnant, it’s time to figure out what other reasons may be causing your late period.

Your menstrual cycle can be a delicate flower. There are many factors (like lifestyle habits, medications, stress, and etc.) that can throw the timing of your period out of whack
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
forever92511 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 28th 2013, 06:10 AM

He wears a condom a pulls out everytime. Both always. My parents do not know I'm sexually active. I took another test yesterday and still it's negative I'm just scared to go to the doctor to find out What the Heck is going on.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 28th 2013, 03:27 PM

You shouldn't worry to much because your not pregnant because it keeps on saying negative all the time so it means your not pregnant. This is normal..and yes you can miss a period and not be pregnant. It just means you are stressed; ill or something your body is not used to this happening so the period has been ''put off'' for that month. Next month the cycle will probably be back to normal, if not consult a doctor but I do not think it is anything to be worried about.

Missed periods
It can be baffling when you have missed your period but your pregnancy test is negative. Since the urine pregnancy test is quite accurate there are chances that maybe you have some other reason for missed periods
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - June 28th 2013, 07:43 PM

There are a lot of reasons why you may not have had a period and you should talk to your doctor. I would tell your parents you haven't had a period in over a month but you're not pregnant and you're concern.

There could be a variety of reasons ranging from it's just a missed period, your hormones are off, you are underweight, you have lost a lot of weight, you've gained weight, you're exercising a lot, you're under a lot of stress, etc.

If you're using a condom correctly and he pulls out, the odds of you being pregnant are small especially with all of the negative tests you've had.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
forever92511 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 17. Terrified that I'm pregnant. HELP!! - July 2nd 2013, 06:07 AM

Thanks everyone. I think it's stress. And now it's just worse. I just lost my best friend and another is paralyzed waist down. So this whole thing isn't going to help any. But Thanks
Closed Thread