TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
valeriemyrs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,274, Level: 11 Points: 6,274, Level: 11 Points: 6,274, Level: 11

Unhappy I'm scared I'm pregnant. 4th month on my exchange year, 17 and scared. seriously scared. - July 17th 2013, 06:46 PM

I need help. I’ve been worried as hell and I really need assurance. I’m doing my exchange year in Europe and this is my 4th month and a half. After 2-3 months of my exchange, my period started becoming irregular.
Like sometimes, it would come every one week and I'd only be bleeding for 2-3 days, and sometimes after 2 weeks and so on.
On the 29th of June, I had sex with someone and the condom broke. I don't think he came yet in me at that time when we found out the condom broke and we didn't have sex any further. I stopped him.
I took an Ella one pill 30 hours after the intercourse. Ella one lasts up to 120 hours unlike the other normal 72 hour after pills.
My period hasn’t came yet and my nipples are sore. I’ve got no other side effects so far. This weekend would have marked the 3rd week since I’ve had sex, and taken the pill. Someone please, tell me something.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19

Re: I'm scared I'm pregnant. 4th month on my exchange year, 17 and scared. seriously scared. - July 18th 2013, 05:32 PM

Hey there,

The best thing you can do to put your mind at rest is buy a home pregnancy test. Wait and see if you miss your next period and if you do, take the pregnancy test 1-2 weeks after. Be sure to wait for as long as the test says before taking it, as taking it too early may not give you accurate results.

You said you started having irregular periods 2-3 months into your exchange. Things like increased stress or a change in your eating habits may be causing your period to be late or cause you may miss it altogether. Try to find a healthy way to relax, so that you're not putting a huge strain on your body right now, even though I know it's easier said than done.

For some people, taking an emergency contraceptive pill will affect their menstrual cycle for the next while, so that might also be a factor as to why your period may be late. If this is the case, it is recommended to check this with a doctor.

I would suggest making an appointment with a doctor so they can properly look into why your cycle has become irregular. They can also accurately test for pregnancy. You may want to consider looking into if birth control pills are an option for you. Using condoms as well as taking the pill will greatly decrease your chances of pregnancy, and if the condom does break you would already be taking birth control pills which would act as your safety net.

In the meantime, I would also suggest speaking to someone about this if you haven't already. I understand that it's a very stressful and scary thing to go through. Try talking to a trusted friend, adult, the school guidance counselor, etc. You definitely do not have to go through this alone and it's a huge weight off your shoulders to be able to share your worry with someone else who can offer advice and support.

Hopefully this post helped a bit. Hang in there, alright?
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
Closed Thread