TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mibbz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Spudley

Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12

Question October 24th 2013, 04:55 AM

First off, I don't have the means to go out and get a test to make sure just willy-nilly. I'm seventeen and are taking medication for Clinical Depression / Borderline Bipolar problems. So things are teetering between me questioning whether or not it's because of the possibility of there being a 'bun in the oven' or the medication that I'm taking. I've been experiencing a constant storm of nausea, especially when it comes to even looking at food. Asking me what's for dinner would get you no where. I've been bloated for the past few days; unusually pudgier, but haven't gained much weight. I've been having other symptoms such as soreness all over (breasts, back, etc.), fatigue, physical exhaustion, cramps, possible frequent urinating - according to my boyfriend, making more than 3 trips to the bathroom in the least everyday is unusual, so I wouldn't necessarily notice if I had to more than normal - and constipation, and extreme moodiness and mood swings.

See, the thing is, I have heavy periods, and two weeks ago I had what seemed like my period. I believe it was a little lighter than usual, but not so much that it was a huge difference. It stopped for about a day and a half before it continued and then ended a few days later - 9th to the 14th. My boyfriend and I had sex around the time it ended; we used a condom at first, but he took it off in the middle of it because he couldn't feel anything, I'm guessing. Could I have ovulated early or something? Could the "period" that I had be one of those strange incidences some women get where they bleed and have "periods" during pregnancy, or just some really heavy spotting? Things don't always go the way everyone says they do, since every pregnancy is different. I honestly can't wait the two-three weeks it'll take for my next period to be late to get an answer as to whether or not my body is just being weird (not saying I'll get an answer this way, but it'll ease my mind and answer whether or not it's really a possibility and or if I have reason to believe I might be).

* Would it be too early to take a test to find out whether or not I am? or should I wait until around the time my period is supposed to start two weeks from now?

Thank you in advance.

A little side note, my boyfriend thinks I'm going through some sort of Placebo effect and that it's all in my head. I honestly don't know how often this happens to people, enough to the point where your mind makes you believe and feel like that and it's so convincing. It's one thing to overreact, it's another for your body to start acting pregnant when it's not.

Last edited by Lizzie; October 24th 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Do I have enough reason to believe I might be pregnant? - October 24th 2013, 02:41 PM

It is always possible to ovulate at any time during your cycle. If you don’t know the exact day that you normally ovulate I suggest that you start tracking that information. But typically a woman ovulates around the 14th day of a regular 28 day cycle.

You say that your period seemed only a little different than normal. Most often when women bleed during pregnancy it is very light spotting that would not require a panty liner. What you are describing sounds more like a typical menstrual cycle.

If you had sex on the fourteenth the only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. An over the counter pregnancy test requires that it has been at least 14 days since you had sex, so that would mean that you would have to wait until at least the 28th of this month. I know you said you don’t have access to a test, but they can be bought at any grocery store or pharmacy. You could also as your boyfriend to go pick one up for you. It might be a good reality check for him and hopefully next time he won’t take the condom off half way through sex. And if he does do that again, you can just say “no”. Risking pregnancy is not worth having sex one time without a condom on.

All of those symptoms you listed are just too difficult to decipher because you are on medication. The best way to go about this is to take a test.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Do I have enough reason to believe I might be pregnant? - October 24th 2013, 03:45 PM

If you were pregnant, would you want to continue? If you think you may be pregnant, you should go out and test. Some medications are associated with higher risks of side effects so you should get tested and talk to your doctor about what type of medications you are on if you are pregnant.

What you are describing could be pregnancy or it could be a UTI. It could even be a pelvic infection.
Closed Thread