TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beetlejuice Offline
I'm apologising in advance >.>
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17

November 25th 2013, 01:13 AM

Well I guess I'm not so much looking for answers, I just thought that writing it down might help me get it straight in my head and maybe relax for a while about it. (*Edit* I did decide to add a couple of questions r.e. abortions at the end of this, but please if you are anti abortion, do not respond to this, I really do respect your point of view, but this is really difficult time and it would only be of detriment to myself)

The worst possible thing about this is the waiting, the not knowing. It's driving me a little crazy.

I've just started Uni and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 4 years now. My moving to a different city to pursue my course has forced us to become long distance, which we were dealing with fine, we have a very strong and durable relationship and we've been long distance before so it's manageable.

When I finally got to see him after a long time of being apart we got careless and ended up having unprotected sex (although he pulled out before he came). I understand this can be enough to get someone pregnant and, as I needed to go to my doctor to discuss going back on some form of contraception (as I have tried a few different types and they haven't worked out) I decided to go the next day and get the morning after pill while I was there.

I discussed the matter with my doctor and whilst there she tested me to see if I was pregnant and it came back negative (which was a relief but as the test doesn't cover the most recent two weeks, not a great one) so she prescribed me the morning after pill and the mini pill.

Now straight after this my boyfriend and I went into town to pick up the prescriptions and I took the morning after pill the moment we left the chemist.

My concern is that a large portion of women get spotting after taking it and I had absolutely nothing, just a few cramps and not particularly bad ones either. Now I know there are some women who do not spot after taking it, but it's still caused me some concern. My doctor did say to wait until my proper period (not the spotting) to start the mini pill but I have yet to come on so can neither start my contraception or find out if i'm pregnant yet.

Now one of the previous forms of contraception I've been on was the injection and I know it can take 6 months to wear off before you are fully back to normal, so it could still be affecting my periods which is why I am so late (or maybe the stress of leaving home for a new city etc, i've missed one before because of it). But I'm still, understandably, worried.

I've decided to go back to the Doctors in two weeks time (as then they'll be able to tell if I truly am pregnant) if I have not yet started my period.

I would like to add, my boyfriend is fantastic. I know he will be there for me no matter the out come and is incredibly worried about me and wants to be here for me. I feel a lot better about this knowing that he'll help me through this. but as I've said, it's the having to wait that's torturous.

My real concern is that, if I am pregnant, I am not in a position to be able to have a baby. Financially or mentally. I know that abortion is a truly horrible and traumatic event for a woman to go through, but I really would have no other option if I were pregnant (and please, if you are anti abortion, do not respond to this, I really do respect your point of view as I've said, but this is really difficult time and it would only be of detriment to myself).

I guess my real question is, has anyone here had an abortion? (fuck I hate that word so much, it's so brutal and militant). If so what was your experience like? Has it changed you? Do you regret it? (please feel free to respond if someone close to you has and you'd answer about them) I have an awful lot of questions about it and a response of any sort with any information regarding the subject would help.

I know abortion is a really touchy subject, but I'd really appreciate any responses to what I've written, related to the questions or anything else in there. Thanks

Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp,
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful,
You might as well live.

Last edited by Lizzie; November 25th 2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Merge Consecutive Posts
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Just needed a place to air my thoughts really, there's a possibility i'm pregnant. - November 26th 2013, 02:44 PM

Megan,

The fact that you got a negative pregnancy test and you took the morning after pill as an extra precaution greatly reduces the likelihood of you being pregnant. I agree it’s a good idea to take another test just to be sure, but the odds are in your favor that you are not pregnant.

I personally think it would be a good idea to wait until you know for sure if you are pregnant or not to weigh your options. It is kind of a waste of energy worrying about something that is most likely not true, all that unnecessary stress is not good for you. If you do end up being pregnant you can figure out what you want to do then. Plus, you never know how you are going to feel if you do find out you are pregnant, so I always recommend that people wait until they know for sure.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Last edited by Lizzie; November 26th 2013 at 06:15 PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beetlejuice Offline
I'm apologising in advance >.>
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17

Re: Just needed a place to air my thoughts really, there's a possibility i'm pregnant. - November 26th 2013, 03:37 PM

Thankyou, that helped. I know I was sort of worrying too much but that worry's still there in the back of my mind despite taking precautionary measures.

thanks

Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp,
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful,
You might as well live.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cowardlypitying Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11 Points: 6,012, Level: 11

Re: Just needed a place to air my thoughts really, there's a possibility i'm pregnant. - November 29th 2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Megan,

The fact that you got a negative pregnancy test and you took the morning after pill as an extra precaution greatly reduces the likelihood of you being pregnant. I agree it’s a good idea to take another test just to be sure, but the odds are in your favor that you are not pregnant.

I personally think it would be a good idea to wait until you know for sure if you are pregnant or not to weigh your options. It is kind of a waste of energy worrying about something that is most likely not true, all that unnecessary stress is not good for you. If you do end up being pregnant you can figure out what you want to do then. Plus, you never know how you are going to feel if you do find out you are pregnant, so I always recommend that people wait until they know for sure.

yes i agree..
Closed Thread